Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I'm in need of serious help please!

billdeluz

Hey nr the last 2-3 days my tank has been taking a turn for the worst I think the sand is getting cyno and some other unknown algae to me and now my rocks are starting to get the same my sand has went from white to almost dirt brown in 3 days and now I'm cleaning the glass everyday with heavy green and brown film I keep testing my water with api kit and strips and everything reads 0 also my water is from my ro/di with new filters replaced 2 weeks ago 0-2 tds I have done 3 20% water changes and it's only making it worse at the moment I'm running chemipure elite and purigen I added phosban today just in case but it's only getting worse any help would be much appreciated thank you so much

Livestock includes

2 pom poms

1 emerald crab

Pair of clowns

And cuc

Tank is about 15 gallons

post-87534-0-25044200-1440549835_thumb.jpg

post-87534-0-48077500-1440550002_thumb.jpg

Looks normal for a heavily fed tank. Cut feeding and blast the rocks with a powerhead or turkey baster every so often.

How old is the tank, and was the rock live or dry?

Tank is 1 year I never had this issue I feed 2 times a week 6 pellets each fish maybe my maintenance is serious I would say water change every week 30% new chemi pure every 3 weeks filter Floss every 2 days and purigen once a month swap out plus I baste the rocks daily very often the funny thing is I "think" this is after the addition of my sun coral which I feed everyday fauna marin lps pellets/mysis but outside the tank in tupperware also rock was dry

Looks normal for a heavily fed tank. Cut feeding and blast the rocks with a powerhead or turkey baster every so often.thanks for quick response

How old is the tank, and was the rock live or dry?

how old is the tank? what's ur maintenance routine?

Also wouldn't heavy feeding cause trates? I'm testing 0 or undetected to my test

everything is 0 because the photosynthesizers are eating all of it.

Just buy a few snails, they work like magic.

everything is 0 because the photosynthesizers are eating all of it. Just buy a few snails, they work like magic.

ok thanks but I have 5 ceriths 1 turbo 4 astrea 4 nassarius and 3 nerite think there room for more lol

Archived