Top Shelf Aquatics

MACNA 2016 San Diego

Sancho

Looked all over for you Dave,didn't get to meet you :(.

It was so weird. I was never going to attend this one. It was to much for me to make it out that way. However they had me in a double booth on the website for months!

I will be attending RAP LA ( not as vendor ). Maybe a meet up? :D

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was so weird. I was never going to attend this one. It was to much for me to make it out that way. However they had me in a double booth on the website for months!

I'll probably go to RAP Dave. Hopefully CM makes it out too! Let's do lunch! (lol)

I was on the first floor!

The gap between the door and the door frame was wide enough for me to stick my finger through.....watch out for the peepers :ninja:

The gap was GIGANTIC!! I just know we had visitors in our room at night. :wacko:

Man am I kicking myself for not going to the first annual NR meet up, I love San Diego. I'll be in New Orleans for sure next year though.

Now to go drink alone

I was sad you didn't go JBB, I am excited that you'll be attending next year though!

I will be there next year as well!!

Yay x2! Now we just need to get Kimber on board as well!

hwn02o.jpg

It's been a great day so far meeting everyone! I've still got a lot of t-shirts to give out :)

Thank you both again so much!! I have some great ideas for next year's MACNA for NR that I'd like to shoot your way later! You guys were so amazing!

We were on the second floor :D. No gap but the curtains on our window wouldn't close all the way. Plus we had the creepy girl on our wall :wacko:. But I saw Merthy's room and ours was not quite so bad. She had some interesting things on her bathroom ceiling :wacko:. That place was a trip. Could NOT wait to get the hell out of there!

I wondered who that guy was. He was alone? Guess he thought you looked like a safe group to sit with :lol:.

Left of bald guy is StevieT's wife. I can't id the next guy. Next is Martha and then her brother. I can't tell who the girl is. Next table above bald guy's head is another bald guy LOL..that's my husband. I'm to his right and my son to his left. Felicia is to my right, and then Christina to her right. Guy in yellow jersey is from Bay Area reef club as well as guy to my son's left. Can't remember who was to the right of guy in yellow jersey. Christopher Marks and his wife (two incredibly sweet people) were with us as well but had gotten up to mingle, I think.

Nice pig drawing!

Ugh! Our room was SO bad. I just got the little survey thing in my e-mail this morning. <_<

Bald guy, lady and the missing guy (chair between them) All were working for Milwaukee Instruments, they were from North Carolina. Very nice people and asked if they should move when they found out we were all together.

I guess that is where I got confused. I saw your name in a booth on the website and scoured the vendors a couple times looking for you. I was SUPER excited to get to see you and your products! Hopefully you will be going to the one next year? :lol:

Ugh! Our room was SO bad. I just got the little survey thing in my e-mail this morning. <_<

Bald guy, lady and the missing guy (chair between them) All were working for Milwaukee Instruments, they were from North Carolina. Very nice people and asked if they should move when they found out we were all together.

I got the survey too and promptly filled it out LOL. Then I got a followup email thanking me for filling it out and hoping to see me again soon...yeah right LOL.

I got the survey too and promptly filled it out LOL. Then I got a followup email thanking me for filling it out and hoping to see me again soon...yeah right LOL.

I know they won't be seeing me again...ever.

No BS on our folio which for sure I was expecting. Came to about $1700

Never ever will we return to or recommend this dump.

Well I'm glad they didn't try and jerk you around any further...but that is ridiculous!

I'll be at RAP LA. :)

And ReefStock. :)

I'll probably go to RAP Dave. Hopefully CM makes it out too! Let's do lunch! (lol)

woot

Yes it's been up there for almost 38 years guys troll is still working. They even made an ordinance to keep others from copying.

It's the 1st time I ever got a picture of it, was on the left side of the plane and coming into correct runway.

http://archive.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/15-minutes-of-fame-for-welcome-to-cleveland-sign-lasts-37-years-b99627742z1-360471381.html

It was so good to meet Chris and Courtney finally and to hang with Mr. and Mrs. T again. I was only at the NR meetup for a couple minutes but it was long enough for me to creep on a few of you. :P

And I love the tshirt, thanks Chris!! :happydance:

It was so good to meet Chris and Courtney finally and to hang with Mr. and Mrs. T again. I was only at the NR meetup for a couple minutes but it was long enough for me to creep on a few of you. :P

You were there? Dang! I'm not sure if I saw you or not

You were there? Dang! I'm not sure if I saw you or not

If you were in the showroom, at the reception or banquet, I was the crazy girl running around with the camera.

Christopher Marks

Lalani was the ninja MASNA photographer, she saw everyone without being seen :ninja:

I'm so glad I could finally meet you! Great work at the show, I hope you took a day off afterwards!

I had a great time this weekend it was awesome to meet everyone. Hope everyone had safe travels home.

I can't wait to do it again next year.

Lalani was the ninja MASNA photographer, she saw everyone without being seen :ninja:

I'm so glad I could finally meet you! Great work at the show, I hope you took a day off afterwards!

Haha, yep that's me! I even got invited to go to one of the banquet afterparties to take pics but I was too exhausted and these guys drink like fish...... *ba dum tss*

I was still making my way around on Sunday to snap a few pics of the raffles and exhibit teardown but not a ton. Then I met up with the elusive supernip (now that guy is a true ninja) and then I was asleep by 8 or 9 lol

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't able to meet anyone today from Nano-Reef, but MACNA is pretty wild for sure...so many people and vendors! I was a little surprised at the ratio of equipment to livestock. Couldn't find anyone willing to sell me their stinkin' clownfish! But I snagged my dad and I a couple three-headed gold torches for $50 a pop, so it was a success!

Managed to catch 30 minutes of Walt Smith's presentation before we had to scoot, but it was a great experience.

Most MACNAs (in other cities) historically have a much higher percentage of livestock sellers participating. In this case, however, the Southern California region is already represented by two large shows (MAX and RAP) so the livestock people were probably not anticipating very large sales at MACNA San Diego, especially when considering they would have to cover a pretty large booth cost and travel expenses before turning a profit. It was a great show nonetheless and we were grateful to be able to meet so many of you who visited the Marine Aquarium Expo booth, The San Diego team did an outstanding job at organizing such a large and complicated conference. Kudos for a job well done!

(on a side note: I must appologize to someone who visited our booth and who was wearing a Nano-Reef.com t-shirt. I was predisposed at something at the moment and so didn't get a chance to greet him. He left before I could say something)

Archived