Cultivated Reef

MACNA 2016 San Diego

Sancho

take your kid out of school for the day and come down early if he is in LAUSD he won't miss much :lol: parking will suck at the pier area and if you can't find a meter your looking at maybe $20 for a spot in one of the private lots in that area.

Can't and won't LOL. He's BUSD..much better ;). We are out of here no later than 3:30 so hopefully we'll get there at a decent time.

I hope you guys all post up some good photos and stuff!! Can't wait to see!

Stells....sad you aren't going :(. I'll post up a bunch of photos on my instagram :).

Oh and I'm pretty sure the hotel charges a fee for parking each day. I can't remember what it is but I remember reading about it. and they also charge some extra taxes or something. I'm expecting to have to pay more than the block pricing. And if not..well then great :).

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

take your kid out of school for the day and come down early if he is in LAUSD he won't miss much :lol: parking will suck at the pier area and if you can't find a meter your looking at maybe $20 for a spot in one of the private lots in that area.

Ugghh I'm coming late so I'll have to park at the pier

Oh and I'm pretty sure the hotel charges a fee for parking each day. I can't remember what it is but I remember reading about it. and they also charge some extra taxes or something. I'm expecting to have to pay more than the block pricing. And if not..well then great :).

Just read this on the macna site

We've arranged for a MACNA 2016 room rate of $134 a night, with no resort fee and only $5.00 per day parking!

ReefSafeSolutions

That doesn't sound fun at all! I don't know how you guys stand all that traffic!

Lots of music. Loud music. omgomgomg

About $2000 in freight roundtrip plus $1100 in material handling charges from GES. :furious:

LOL, driving in the past never looked so good.

That doesn't sound fun at all! I don't know how you guys stand all that traffic!

Looks like i'll be sharing the horror :lol:

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone!

About $2000 in freight roundtrip plus $1100 in material handling charges from GES. :furious:

Well that seriously ate into your hookers and blow fund.

what about like $900 for tables and chairs?

Oh yeah then there is that. Yet I got smarter this year with the shipping. I purchased a really cool bar stool and pub table saving about $400. Packed in the crate and now will have them in the future.

Still rented the two extra 8' skirted tables. $464.00 for the pair.

Well that seriously ate into your hookers and blow fund.

No shit. They take credit card now so just max it out like a good American.

California is the #1 market so it's tough to skip this show just because of the $3000 extra in cost. Probably drive again next year, MACNA 2017 is not nearly as far.

14089276_1298603623484324_69646997030867

Oh yeah then there is that. Yet I got smarter this year with the shipping. I purchased a really cool bar stool and pub table saving about $400. Packed in the crate and now will have them in the future.

Still rented the two extra 8' skirted tables. $464.00 for the pair.

I ship Ikea chairs to my shows that have those types of furniture rental prices. The chair costs $7 each. With shipping and fees I'm looking at $50 for 2 chairs. Then I just toss them.

Ouch!!

Looks like i'll be sharing the horror :lol:

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone!

Yay! Will you have a booth there or just coming for the awesome experience? It'll be tons of fun!

Ouch!!

Yay! Will you have a booth there or just coming for the awesome experience? It'll be tons of fun!

Hopefully next year, will just going to enjoy the experience and definitely silent observation lol

Who's up for a quick photo session? MACNA rate available :happy:

IMG_4852.jpg

Hopefully next year, will just going to enjoy the experience and definitely silent observation lol

Who's up for a quick photo session? MACNA rate available :happy:

IMG_4852.jpg

Acrylics and photos? Very nice :lol:

Acrylics and photos? Very nice :lol:

Thanks! It's my side job, I haven't been shooting for a while since im too busy working with acrylics, but apparently I picked two of the most expensive hobbies so I try to recoup when I can lol :D

Sitting at a table right now with the co chair of MACNA San Diego. If anyone has any questions right now would be a good time

Why are we still contracting union ass holes GES?

i have no idea but these guy that sent you a pm form my phone might be able to get you cheaper freight

Thanks, the help from the clubs has always been awesome and I know it's more on MASNA's end.

It's not the freight so much, it's the $1100 in handling fees for a union lackey moving a pallet jack for 20 total minutes. And the shows end on a Sunday so they call that weekend and charge "overtime". Yet it's the lackey's normal work week.

Luckily I just have one crate. They tend to charge $3000 per aquarium to move from hall to dock

Thanks, the help from the clubs has always been awesome and I know it's more on MASNA's end.

It's not the freight so much, it's the $1100 in handling fees for a union lackey moving a pallet jack for 20 total minutes. And the shows end on a Sunday so they call that weekend and charge "overtime". Yet it's the lackey's normal work week.

Luckily I just have one crate. They tend to charge $3000 per aquarium to move from hall to dock

FYI, I would recommend reaching out to us if you feel that you are not getting appropriate rates. You are also paying for storage of your crate, bringing it back at the end of the show, and getting it out of the building. The cost involved has little to do with union labor and everything to do with organizing and orchestrating a load in of over 175 exhibitors into two rooms in one and a half days. GES was chosen because they are by far the best choice in San Diego. This is no small frag swap. I am curious about how you are shipping in your booth materials and what service you ordered for moving it. Reach out to me and I will see how your cost may be dropped.

Not going to make it...both of my tanks sprung leaks in the last two months, and I liquidated all of my equipment. Been very busy with work and life and wasn't taking very good care of anything.

Wish they would update their app.

The app is up to date. Was there something in particular that you noticed needed updating? Please let me know and I will work on it.

Archived