inTank Media Baskets

Anyone selling a Gen 1 Radion?

Begow

Wife cleaned her Mom's entire house for some extra cash for my birthday and said I could get a new light with it.

Looking around to see what's out there.

Lights I am interested in:

Gen 1 Radion

Mini-Tide

Let me know what you have!

Did you contact the seller of the link I sent for the tide yesterday?

Yeah, I'm hoping to find a Gen 1 Radion for the cheaps but if not I'll be picking up his Mini-Tide.

Friends got one i believe for sale. I can shoot you his number.

Do you know how much?

Wait. I paid $250 each for my Gen 2s. I'll find you one cheap dude. Don't be in a rush to set up your tank.

Yeah not in a huge rush, I'm not going to overpay for sure, I just don't have the cash for it ya know? The Mini-Tide is doing okay for now but I cn tell some of my zoas on the edges of the tank are stretching haha.

I have a Gen2 for sale. $325 tyd

This isn't a terrible deal if it has the wide lenses. But you can get it down to $275.

Yeah not in a huge rush, I'm not going to overpay for sure, I just don't have the cash for it ya know? The Mini-Tide is doing okay for now but I cn tell some of my zoas on the edges of the tank are stretching haha.

This isn't a terrible deal if it has the wide lenses. But you can get it down to $275.

Sucks cuz I was going to buy that other Nano Box and just get that but he has a buyer. Good times.

$275 shipped in mint condition

17c0db91ea95933ad96fad75b57653c6.jpg

Can you go down on that price at all? Really looking for a Radion but seems high priced for a Gen 1.

hey braap why don't you let go one of those Radions that you have listed on R2R :D :D

hey braap why don't you let go one of those Radions that you have listed on R2R :D :D

Changed my mind otherwise I would. :D

Although I got a lot of offers at full asking price there. Those people throw their money around it seems.

Changed my mind otherwise I would. :D

Although I got a lot of offers at full asking price there. Those people throw their money around it seems.

They're a lot richer that's for sure.

I was considering a AI Prime, with the mount it's like $210

Dang nice! Radion Gen 1?

Nah man, I got the AI Prime, fits my budget better and on my shallow tank I think it'll be a good fit. I'll keep the Mini-TIde on the other side until I can afford a second AI Prime. Light and mount for 209 shipped, can't beat it.

Nah man, I got the AI Prime, fits my budget better and on my shallow tank I think it'll be a good fit. I'll keep the Mini-TIde on the other side until I can afford a second AI Prime. Light and mount for 209 shipped, can't beat it.

Ya you can. The PAR output on them is garbage. 250 PAR 8 inches from the light through the air. BLEH. I had one and returned it.

jedimasterben

Ya you can. The PAR output on them is garbage. 250 PAR 8 inches from the light through the air. BLEH. I had one and returned it.

+1

Buy another Tide without a controller and hook them together. Boom.

+1

Buy another Tide without a controller and hook them together. Boom.

As always boys, price point is key lol. I'm trying to save $100 a week for my damn teeth. I don't keep a lot of SPS, and the ones I do I prefer medium/lower light because I like my ORA Red Planet to be green, and my Reeftech Monti doesn't do well under high light. I gotta keep the budget down as much as I can because everything in this hobby has crappy resale minus Ecotech products it seems like.

I made a legit pro-con list, and I definitely know the cons on this light, but it'll work for me.

jedimasterben

Spending $210 for a new light, and another $210 for another eventually doesn't make sense versus buying something in the $200-225 range and not buying something else.

You scared of chinese black boxes? I have 10.... depending what shipping would be I could send you one for very little, or you could buy a brand new one for like $80 on ebay.

I also have a gen 1 radion.... maybe a yr use if that.

Archived