Top Shelf Aquatics

what am i?

nismo_sky32

20150821_203730_zpslntnpxbo.jpg

One of the lfs has these in a frag tank. They are between the size of a pencil eraser and dime. Want some opinions before I try and purchase any. Thanks

20150821_203730_zpslntnpxbo.jpg

One of the lfs has these in a frag tank. They are between the size of a pencil eraser and dime. Want some opinions before I try and purchase any. Thanks

Might be a baby rock flower anemone or maxi mini. Need a closer photo tbh

Might be a baby rock flower anemone or maxi mini. Need a closer photo tbh

I was thinking a baby maxi mini. That was the best pic I could get but I'll try to get a better one

After trying to zoom and and color correct the photo it's still unclear what it is exactly. But I did find out it's has a green base. Which jogged my memory. A few years ago when mini maxi's were being imported anther type of anemone was brought in thought to be a maxi but was a lot smaller. I haven't seen any in a long time. So I would guess it to be a mini mini anemone. Basically a small version of a mini maxi. Reef gardener sold a few a while back.

A post from Reef Gardner years back.

I have some mini mini's in stock. PC090072.jpg

Here is yours that I tried to edit to get a better identification.

07888FC9-DB8D-47C4-A0CF-9620097EFE40_zps

After trying to zoom and and color correct the photo it's still unclear what it is exactly. But I did find out it's has a green base. Which jogged my memory. A few years ago when mini maxi's were being imported anther type of anemone was brought in thought to be a maxi but was a lot smaller. I haven't seen any in a long time. So I would guess it to be a mini mini anemone. Basically a small version of a mini maxi. Reef gardener sold a few a while back.

A post from Reef Gardner years back.

Here is yours that I tried to edit to get a better identification. 07888FC9-DB8D-47C4-A0CF-9620097EFE40_zps

That looks a lot like what they are. Thanks

That looks a lot like what they are. Thanks

No problem. I haven't seen a mini mini in a long time. It would be cool to see them again. Great for a pico tank because some mini maxis can get up to 4-5 inches across. While the past observations of the mini mini's size remained tiny.

Archived