SaltCritters.com

El Digito TANK FAILURE!

masterbuilder

I located some Blue Line Flag Tails (Trimma Tevegae). I want at least six and the best price my guy could give me was $70 a piece! Hummm....I am not sure I will spend over $400 on a group of fish that have a lifespan of 3 years tops. Last ones I had (years ago) cost MUCH less but slowly died off after 18 months or so.

eek that's expensive. I thought their price had dropped in recent years?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterbuilder

eek that's expensive. I thought their price had dropped in recent years?

Me too. I am not convinced the pricing was for the correct Trimma. Seemed way out of line. Going to keep looking for another place that could give me a price. Since I only have this one LFS, maybe I can run across a online vendor that can give me a price and ship.

Me too. I am not convinced the pricing was for the correct Trimma. Seemed way out of line. Going to keep looking for another place that could give me a price. Since I only have this one LFS, maybe I can run across a online vendor that can give me a price and ship.

That's a higher than expected price tag. Over the past few years I haven't seen many trimma gobies offered for sale. I hoped to see more readily available at decent prices but they seem to be few and far between. Oddly enough I have seen the flaming prawn goby offered for sale at many places around $50 a fish. Some stores had 3-5 at a time.

I'll keep looking for some in the meantime and I'll post back if I find any real leads. I've been given prices before but the people who said they could get them never actually found them.

• 4 months later...
masterbuilder

Nothing new to report other than an updated FTS. My digits are finally starting to settle in. Getting some vertical growth instead of just laying down a base. I did have a period when everything got real pale and growth really slowed. Think it was from too much LED and too little nutrients. Made some adjustments and things are beginning to color back up and seeing more normal growth.

I have no plans to add anything or make any other changes. Hopefully before too long I will have more digits than water :)

FzgQZub.jpg?1

Nothing new to report other than an updated FTS. My digits are finally starting to settle in. Getting some vertical growth instead of just laying down a base. I did have a period when everything got real pale and growth really slowed. Think it was from too much LED and too little nutrients. Made some adjustments and things are beginning to color back up and seeing more normal growth.

I have no plans to add anything or make any other changes. Hopefully before too long I will have more digits than water :)

FzgQZub.jpg?1

That looks fantastic man! Yea montipora love dirty water IME ive actually had the best growth/coloration from them when I had higher nutrients in my tank.

I didn't know you had a tank thread, sorry I missed it. I can't keep all my montis happy at once. Since stirring up the sand and making a complete mess rescaping the digitata seem happy again, many of the acros are brown. :D

Beautiful tank, great theme, more pics please. :)

• 4 weeks later...
masterbuilder

Thanks smiz. Things are moving along. Will get up a new pic late this weekend, I am out of town until then.

I will say I am fairly happy with things but feel my growth is slow for some reason. Colors are acceptable, my basic levels are rock steady and nutrients are OK, I think. I feed my fish once or twice a day with what they will eat in a minute or two and feed my monti's just before lights out 3 times a week with reef roids. Maybe my nutrients are still too low?????

So...other than what I feel is slow growth, guess I cant complain.

Try dosing spongepower on the same schedule as roids. Some new evidence that sponge populations help sps grow due to their constant regeneration and detritus production. You would think food would help but perhaps it's the constant availability of food that is missing?

masterbuilder

Home earlier than I thought. Latest quick snapshot. One of these days I will use something besides my P&S cam.

As you can see, not much has changed.

25895535-d041-450d-9327-2aaf506cd30b_zps

reefernanoman

Home earlier than I thought. Latest quick snapshot. One of these days I will use something besides my P&S cam.

As you can see, not much has changed.

NR%2002.19.16_zpsurqp4wlv.jpg

Very nice! Lots of beautiful SPS in there.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw another post but forcing an update in here. :)

Do you have an Appleberry? Montipora capitata and for me seems to do well in moderate lighting.

masterbuilder

Saw another post but forcing an update in here. :)

Do you have an Appleberry? Montipora capitata and for me seems to do well in moderate lighting.

No... I have all digits except for a setosa. Interestingly, the setosa is my fastest growing coral. It has easily tripled in size since I put it in 6 months ago and I have fragged it twice to add it in two other locations. I always thought they were slow growers. But, then again....maybe they are. I feel that my digitata are growing much slower that I expected. Good color, healthy, great polyp extension but not really growing like I hoped. Working on that.

• 1 month later...
masterbuilder

Its been over 9 months since I added my corals and the colors are excellent but my growth has been far from spectacular (other than the supposedly slow growing setosa that grows like mad for me). So.....today .......

Sunpower_zps6awbcih5.jpg

MAYBE...this is one piece of the puzzle I just couldn't find with my LED. All else is still cruising on the autopilot.

HarryPotter

Its been over 9 months since I added my corals and the colors are excellent but my growth has been far from spectacular (other than the supposedly slow growing setosa that grows like mad for me). So.....today .......

Sunpower_zps6awbcih5.jpg

MAYBE...this is one piece of the puzzle I just couldn't find with my LED. All else is still cruising on the autopilot.

Gonna be awesome! My montipora started scrolling and branching under T5s

masterbuilder

Thanks for the comments. I fired it up the ATI yesterday.....holy cow it's bright. Starting off with just a few hours of all the channels on and will work it up over the next month or so.

Archived