Innovative Marine Aquariums

PAR38 Lighting help

VW_TDI_02

I just received a second PAR38 bulb because I wasn't a huge fan of the overly white color that my original bulb was putting out. When I shined them together, they balance out relatively well since the new LEDTric bulb is much more blue. Both of the bulbs have 12x3 watt LEDs. I have a frag rack that's 16" x 12" that I would like to fill with high light SPS. The frag rack is 7" under water and the bulb is 7" above the water. My original bulb had 60 degree optics and the new bulb has 80 degree optics so I'd imagine the PAR with the new bulb will drop a little bit but that's not the issue. The acros and digis are directly underneath the bulb and growing incredibly well. The issue is that the single bulb only covers a relatively small footprint so I was thinking about having both of the bulbs running at the same time but side by side so that I can cover more of the frag rack. About how high should I raise the lights since I'm going to be adding a second one a few inches away? I was thinking about starting them out at about 11" above the water level instead of the current 7" but I was hoping to get some other opinions.

Archived