ReefCleaners.org

Kessil A350w DC power supply replacement

NISMO703

Long story short. My 10 year old son wanted to help with the tank so I disconnected my kessil from a timer and he's been manually plugging the light in everyday at 10 am every morning. I figured I'd give him a little responsibility during summer vacation while feeling he is helping with the tank. He calls me yesterday at work saying the light is broke and it's not plugging in and I tell him I'll take a look when I get home. I text my girlfriend and ask her to check it out. She confirms that the connector is not going in and seems like something is jammed in there. I get home and the female piece seems like someone (my son) has been just jamming the male part in any which way. The light still works but I had to wrap the connectors with electrical tape. My son has since been relieved of his duties.

Does anyone know where I can buy the OEM DC power supply and cord? I really just need the cord but will buy the whole assembly if not sold separately. I googled it and Amazon.com was sold out. They had a listing on eBay but it wasn't an original part and think it was meant for a laptop but said it was compatible with the Kessil A350w. Something even came up at Sears and a couple other sites which were also sold out.

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas, I just emailed Kessil.

Call kessil

or look at the power supply sticker with all the stats and find a power supply with equivalent output.

The power supply was unharmed, it's the cord coming from the power supply with the female connector that I really need to get replaced.

Kessil has great customer service. Placed the order for the power supply with the cord for $25 plus shipping. Thanks again guys!

Archived