Coral Vue Hydros

Wanting to make my first pico tank

tennisjad3

Edit: I've thrown away the all-in-one-kit idea.

I want a small tank to grow acan and zoa frags in. I'm not trying to spend a ton on this, so does anyone have a guide for a small tank build including supplies (to be honest I don't know the difference between all the lighting options)

Thanks in advance,

Joe

The Spec V would need almost everything replaced to be used as a reef tank. New Light, New pump, media basket, etc.

Any decent Circulation pump that is 200-300gph.

Decent 50W heater

Par30 Bulb or a custom Nanobox, Other brands too. Light will run anywhere from $100 to $400.

Intank makes a great media basket for this tank as well. I think around $40?

All depends on what you are willing to spend.

Use the Search bar uptop, there are many Spec V builds on Nano Reef :)

chemikalzsky

I agree with Muraki and PicoSavvy. I have learned so much setting up my own with them help of this forum.

I have a 10g Nuvo that I have been piecing together for a couple of months now and I am learning something new everyday.

Well thats no good, are there any sets worth buying, or is it best to build your own tank?

A Nuvo 10 ($100) and AI Prime ($200) is a great start and could easily grow what you want. An InTank media basket is about $40, a great upgrade as well.

It also depends on what you like. Are you using set on aio tanks only or can you do a sump system. There are many ways to build a tank, but only you can decide the best way. You can buy a mr aqua tank and a AquaClear filter for under 100 dollars and a diy led kit for 140.

It also depends on what you like. Are you using set on aio tanks only or can you do a sump system. There are many ways to build a tank, but only you can decide the best way. You can buy a mr aqua tank and a AquaClear filter for under 100 dollars and a diy led kit for 140.

I've never ran a sump before honestly, are the DIY LED kits pretty foolproof? I'm no electrical engineer haha

I've never ran a sump before honestly, are the DIY LED kits pretty foolproof? I'm no electrical engineer haha

Take a look at rapidled.com they sell all kinds of led kit some are solderles, that are easy to setup.

Archived