inTank Media Baskets

20 Gallon long tank reef build soon to start

PieMan2k

Hi my name is Josh and I have been interested in reef tanks for the past few years but just really got into it a couple of weeks ago. At my dads house i had an old 20 gallon freshwater tank that we tore down a year ago and i was just thinking ," well i want a reef tank and we already have a tank and a filter"

The equipment that I would like to use are ( if you guys think something needs to be changed tell me):

Current orbit marine lighting 24-36 inch or an AI prime led (which one is better?)

aquatop 100 watt submersible heater

koralia circulation power head/ wave maker

20 gallon long tank

and this canister filter

www.google.com/shopping/product/1036108848003254195?q=canister+filters&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.99804247,d.dmo&ion=1&tch=1&ech=1ψ=QcPQVfa9HIK8eZ_RjsgC.1439744833892.5&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX-l12kK1cYXZOc91ZZgjtyNLxdbWacWh5dRIJ2XSBBgb1EQIFRW34U73V_Htbwa-l-nYV-wWpkvlUxOzlwWYnNJDPszWD7pB1A9svNHnJaSVksigKxIZAFPVH70rdJ3Qhs0--QFGbUXzqIXEAd5dIQ&ved=0CHEQpitqFQoTCIflpr6LrscCFUIlHgod5zwPAw&ei=SMPQVYehIcLKeOf5vBg

Livestock:

10 lbs of live tukani rock

10 lbs of dry rock

2 bags of Carib sea live sand

one pair of mated ocellaris clownfish

purple firefish

lawnmower blenny

firefish

a few snails and crabs (which ones are the most reef safe?)

one xena colony

a few zoas

frogspawn

down the road hopefully a long tentacle anemone, maybe a maxima clam, and some leather coral.

Please let me know if this is a good setup and what I need to add/ change. Thanks for the advice and taking time to help me out here.

What are the dimensions of the tank?

I would think you would need two primes, if it is more than 18" long.

You may want to consider a NanoBox Duo. I have a 36" Orbit Marine on my 30L and it isn't nearly as nice as my NanoBox Duo lights. The lighting spectrum just can't be compared.

Go with AI, whether it be 2 primes, 1 prime, the hydra 26 (my favorite). You'll appreciate the massive amount of control you have over the lighting and full spectrum ability.

Archived