SaltCritters.com

Store salt water in Home Depot buckets?

HarryPotter

Home Depot can Blow Me!! They refuse to employ any cashiers & only have those damn self checkout lines open. The only cashier is in the contractor area. I was in there one day & this little old lady was trying to check out using the self checkout & couldn't figure it out. The one person that was assigned to the 4 self checkout registers so that you don't light finger anything was disinterested in helping her at all. I helped her use the self checkout & said I'll never come back to this shit hole that doesn't appreciate the money I spend. Lowe's always has 2 or 3 people at the registers to check you out, that's my spot & this is my rant! lol.

But I'm sure their buckets are okay......if you like shit hole buckets.

One word. Menard's.

Ive always used HD buckets over Lowes, and that's only because HD is easier to get to and from where I live. I've never personally had an issue with HD buckets and I've used them many many times.

One word. Menard's.

I always people mention them, I wish they had a store local to me but I think the closet one is like 700 miles.

I always people mention them, I wish they had a store local to me but I think the closet one is like 700 miles.

Yeah we just got ours. Haven't been to lowes or HD in a long time.

I've stored water in the buckets before, no issues. Wash them down with vinegar and water prior to use, just in case some contaminant in the store drifted onto the bucket.

Try your local grocery/bakery. I asked and got free food grade 2 and 5 gallon buckets (white) that their icing comes in. A good wash and rinse and they are ready to go. Even found screw on lids for 4 or 5 dollars at a food storage store, making them so easy to open and close.

HD sells lids with a oring in the lid and the seal really well.

Thats what I use. The orange buckets with the orange lids (With o-ring).

That lets me not turn the car into a swimming pool while going over speed bumps!

Archived