SaltCritters.com

Tridacna Clam Questions

isaacharry

Hello,

Today i purchased a few SPS, and i saw a Tridcana clam with a beautiful blue mantle so i decided to purchase that too

At my LFS i got mixed opinions on the placement so i thought i would post here and see if i can get a good opinion.

I am using AI PRIME LIGHTS that are as high as the mount ( maybe 8 or 10 inches above the water

the highest rock is seven inches below the water so i want to know where in the tank to place the clam

thank you

Hello,

Today i purchased a few SPS, and i saw a Tridcana clam with a beautiful blue mantle so i decided to purchase that too

At my LFS i got mixed opinions on the placement so i thought i would post here and see if i can get a good opinion.

I am using AI PRIME LIGHTS that are as high as the mount ( maybe 8 or 10 inches above the water

the highest rock is seven inches below the water so i want to know where in the tank to place the clam

thank you

Two days ago your anemone was dying after you pulled it off... How is that doing? Think you might be adding livestock a bit fast?

For the clam, do you have a picture so we can identify it? There are many types of tridacna clams

Two days ago your anemone was dying after you pulled it off... How is that doing? Think you might be adding livestock a bit fast?

For the clam, do you have a picture so we can identify it? There are many types of tridacna clams

Hey, the anemone is doing a lot better. it attatached to rock again, and is back to its full size and tentacles are already bubbled up

here is a pic of the clam..

post-88046-0-87227300-1439611182_thumb.jpg

That's a squamosa. Start at the top and the clam will let you know it doesn't like it there by not attaching. If your lights can handle SPS the clam would also be fine on the sand bed. Plus it's easier to get it to attach there to a big frag disc.

Archived