inTank Media Baskets

Best use of refugium for the sump?

ps2cho

Next month I want to replace my DIY 20L with the new 3rd gen Eshopps R-200 which has a 9x9.5 refug section.

What do you guys suggest I do with the area?

Many Google searches just come up with older threads and reefing changes so fast these days with trends.

What's the best choice for me?

I'd like to increase pod population and anything that can eat detritus and feed my sps or fish in the DT

Next month I want to replace my DIY 20L with the new 3rd gen Eshopps R-200 which has a 9x9.5 refug section.

What do you guys suggest I do with the area?

Many Google searches just come up with older threads and reefing changes so fast these days with trends.

What's the best choice for me?

I'd like to increase pod population and anything that can eat detritus and feed my sps or fish in the DT

Something simple like chaeto maybe?

I just heard some people put sans and do mangroves etc.

So keep it simple get some chaeto and buy a bag of pods dump it in and call it good?

And light it in opposite cycle to tank?

I just heard some people put sans and do mangroves etc.

So keep it simple get some chaeto and buy a bag of pods dump it in and call it good?

And light it in opposite cycle to tank?

Sounds like a good plan to me. If you could put a powerhead in there (behind a screen or something) to keep the chaeto tumbling, all the better.

I now light mine opposite of my tank, but was having better growth leaving the fuge light on 24/7

Archived