Coral Vue Hydros

Fishnuts order review

braaap

This will be the review for my fishnuts order.

The order is supposed to ship today for Saturday delivery. Which by the way is no extra charge! My order consists of 2 Occellaris Clowns(they gave me one free) 1 GL Kole Tang, 1 Red Scooter and a Cleaner Shrimp.

They did just call and tell me the scooter was too thin to ship. That is good service. Other places would have just shipped it anyways. So instead they are sending me a Mandarin(eats some frozen) and a few hermit crabs. Which I discussed with Jon(Thanks!) and agreed to.

Overall so far I am very happy with their service.

*edit*

I would NOT buy from them again. EVER. My tank is brand new and is now infected with ICH because they don't medicate their livestock. They also haven't responded to any emails and won't honor the 15 day guarantee.

That's very impressive that they take the time to look at the fish before they ship and make sure it's healthy enough. I can't think of another store that would do that- very nice.

This will be the review for my fishnuts order.

The order is supposed to ship today for Saturday delivery. Which by the way is no extra charge! My order consists of 2 Occellaris Clowns(they gave me one free) 1 GL Kole Tang, 1 Red Scooter and a Cleaner Shrimp.

They did just call and tell me the scooter was too thin to ship. That is good service. Other places would have just shipped it anyways. So instead they are sending me a Mandarin(eats some frozen) and a few hermit crabs. Which I discussed with Jon(Thanks!) and agreed to.

Overall so far I am very happy with their service. Polite, prompt and just good people.

Does "GL" stand for Good Luck or Good Looking?

Hopefully Good Looking. But it really is "Go Live." It is one of the fish you could see the one you were buying on webcam.

Very cool. Love the Koles.

SpankythePyro

that is very nice of them.

I had an unfortunate experience with another sponsor that basically caused me to eat shipping price because the two fish they sent me had problems or were too small

Excited to see the arrival of ur fishies, I tried contacting them via pm and email and have yet to hear back, seem like a great store and idea but there customer service and response times stink.

that is very nice of them.

I had an unfortunate experience with another sponsor that basically caused me to eat shipping price because the two fish they sent me had problems or were too small

Excited to see the arrival of ur fishies, I tried contacting them via pm and email and have yet to hear back, seem like a great store and idea but there customer service and response times stink.

Hey, Ketchup Kid.....

How's the order?

Good so far. The Kole and 2 clowns look very good. Healthy and swimming. Eating Reef Frenzy like pigs. The clowns coloring is kind of blah right now but I attribute some of that to shipping. The Mandarin is VERY thin. Not very happy with that. So thin I don't know if he will recover. He has been hiding under a rock all day. Still alive and swimming some. I expect him to come out tomorrow. They forgot the cleaner shrimp. So at 4am this morning I got a refund. No email telling me just a refund for the amount and a note in the paypal refund stating they forgot.

Right now I'd order again but if the Mandarin doesn't make it I don't know. Communication is hit or miss. So that is frustrating for sure.

Good so far. The Kole and 2 clowns look very good. Healthy and swimming. Eating Reef Frenzy like pigs. The clowns coloring is kind of blah right now but I attribute some of that to shipping. The Mandarin is VERY thin. Not very happy with that. So thin I don't know if he will recover. He has been hiding under a rock all day. Still alive and swimming some. I expect him to come out tomorrow. They forgot the cleaner shrimp. So at 4am this morning I got a refund. No email telling me just a refund for the amount and a note in the paypal refund stating they forgot.

Right now I'd order again but if the Mandarin doesn't make it I don't know. Communication is hit or miss. So that is frustrating for sure.

I don't know. That doesn't sound so good to me. Not only that, but it is really hard to figure out what is in stock and what isn't :wacko:. And it makes me wonder how thin the ruby was if the mandarin is that thin.....

I don't know. That doesn't sound so good to me. Not only that, but it is really hard to figure out what is in stock and what isn't :wacko:. And it makes me wonder how thin the ruby was if the mandarin is that thin.....

Ya. I guess I figure I got 3 good looking fish. And 1 not so good looking fish. Packaging was excellent though. A thin mandarin is kind of part of the game I guess.

I guess if I wake up tomorrow to dead or sick fish I'll change my opinion.

Ya. I guess I figure I got 3 good looking fish. And 1 not so good looking fish. Packaging was excellent though. A thin mandarin is kind of part of the game I guess.

I guess if I wake up tomorrow to dead or sick fish I'll change my opinion.

Good points. Photos?????

My angel was thin it didn't make it :(. But I didn't even ask for a refund it was only $10 so I didn't even bother lol

Yikes. Sorry to hear. This isn't looking too good for them already. As of now my clowns and tang look good but so did your Angel at first.

That sucks man. That's my biggest frustration....lacking communication. It can be the best product....but no reply pissed my off.

Hope the mandarin makes it for you.

SpankythePyro

That always frustrates me when you dont get what you ordered and then you have to eat the shipping cost for a vendor mistake

That always frustrates me when you dont get what you ordered and then you have to eat the shipping cost for a vendor mistake

Ya the fact that they missed the cleaner shrimp cost me $15 to go buy one local.

The mandarin is still alive but not looking good. Shed its slime coat and is just kinda hanging out in one corner. Not even hunting for food...

Ya the fact that they missed the cleaner shrimp cost me $15 to go buy one local.

The mandarin is still alive but not looking good. Shed its slime coat and is just kinda hanging out in one corner. Not even hunting for food...

Oh no :( that's not a good sign. Do they have any sort of "arrive alive, stay alive" guarantee for a couple weeks?

Oh no :( that's not a good sign. Do they have any sort of "arrive alive, stay alive" guarantee for a couple weeks?

15 days guarantee, no restrictions.

I've made a couple orders with them and both have been great experiences.

My first order was a bluespooted watchman goby, hector's goby, and cleaner shrimp. All 3 were Go Live animals and arrived very healthy and are doing great. My second order was a tomato clown, royal gramma, ceriths, and scarlet hermits. Both fish were Go Live and were also very healthy and are doing great. The snails and hermits went right to work within minutes after hitting the sand. They even sent a few extra of each. They've shipped both my orders right away and their packing is excellent.

My wife and I are already planning our next Fish Nuts order.

You get what you pay for is the saying. I guess I paid for Ich. All fish from Fish Nuts(only fish in my system) have Ich.

Mandarin died a few days ago.

I would NOT order from Fish Nuts again.

You get what you pay for is the saying. I guess I paid for Ich. All fish from Fish Nuts(only fish in my system) have Ich.

Mandarin died a few days ago.

I would NOT order from Fish Nuts again.

SHITTY news.

Sorry to hear it man.

Archived