inTank Media Baskets

Amazing Anemone for my 12 gallon!

BRN

Okay so i have a couple of plans with this tank, my girlfriend gave me the go head... So heres the plans

Ultra High Tech Nano Reef

Ill be turning this Fluval into a self sustaining ecosystem with automation.

DIY Aquarium Controller

Controllers abilities, with some code work =/

Temperature - The controller will shut off the heater if it goes above 81 degrees, it will also turn on my fans if i go above 82 degrees, and turn off all lights if i go above 84.

PH - The refugeium light will be turned on if the PH ever drops below 8.1. Temperature will depict if this turns on or not, because im not going to turn on a warm light if my tank is at 84 degrees.

Salinity - ATO pump will be turned off if the salinity ever goes below 1.025 and turned back on when its 1.026 (top off with saltwater)

Ammonia - for protection.. if a fish dies in a small aquarium like this it can be devastating. That's why if it ever goes above .25 PPM the aquarium will dose itself with sea-chem prime.

Of course ill be able to control fan speeds, lights, my mp10, and mp3 - wirelessly.

I have some other ideas; involving auto top offing my auto top off reservoir directly from a RODI unit.

And an auto mixing bucket for saltwater that auto fills, heats, stirs, and pumps. I hesistated putting the last two with the controller because i dont know if i want to incorporate them into the controller, i feel like its more trouble than its worth. But i guess this all is, we'll see.

Review on the Marine Pac 3 and the Seneye par, lux, and kelvin meter on (11-25-2015).

fun shot

20151118_1629511_zpsd9e7inys.jpg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i went to the fish store today, so review for the par meter tomorrow for sure!

At the fish store i shopped for my pico and my fluval.

KILLER DEALS!!!!

Got a GREEN rose bubble tipped anemone, and two CRAZY yumas for my fluval.

I got a white spotted black damsel for my crab tank in hopes he will make more algae for my crabs.

Total cost 98$ STEALLL!!!!

Really really pretty nem flouresent green base, rose tips, with yellow dots on the bubbles.....crazy!

ill be coming back for a round 2 photo with my canon 70 d soon....

20151124_1920141_zps3fdrins6.jpg

A ric i moved from the eel tank to the crab tank, well see how it does.

20151124_2101311_zpsbkgdix16.jpg

last, but not least "kicker" the damsel.

Im hoping he starts an algae factory fingerscrossed

20151124_2101051_zpsytzt9v6e.jpg

Ill post the other two yumas i bought tomorrow with my seneye par and marine pac review.

Happy reefing!

ill have to wait until tomorrow to get better pictures of the nem. these are my moonlights on 100%

Just showing off some of its color. sorry for the bad pictures only a couple more days to go until the canon 70d!

Nem eating tasty treats under uv moonlights

20151124_2119421_zpsvz8jeyms.jpg

My usual moonlights at 100% i run them at 2% usually

20151124_2118021_zpsamqaorkx.jpg

my girlfriend is in love with this nem...so am i, i hope when it grows up the clownfish will show some interest in it

The seneye is reading my crab tanks par as 38 could be better, but i dont need it to be. Im excited to put this in my fluval tomorrow!

22679299193_2d94fcdc5e_z.jpg

Nem loving the radion.

Okay so i didnt even realize until i looked at my tank today one of the new yumas is a rainbow yuma.... if only i could get my phone to pick up light hues of blue, green, orange, and yellow..... so ready for the canon70d

20151125_1332361_zpsdjifak9r.jpg

heavier exposure

20151125_1333371_zpskdisqikr.jpg

Acid rain blastomussa

20151125_1331111_zpsbaaj52dy.jpg

ric yuma garden

20151125_1330571_zpsne02ro4z.jpg

So i accidentally left my birds door open when i went to work he got out and knocked over the water i had my seneye chip soaking in, no idea if its anygood =/ gotta order another now.

excuse the detritus i cleaned it up after i was feeling a little bit better today.

The rainbow mini scolly is seriously coloring up, displaying new tints and transitions between colors, i expect this coral to be a top contender for prettiest coral i own. The Dragon eye is looking great too!

20151118_1636141_zpsw575hjp7.jpg

I LOVE mini scolys! I vote more pictures of these! Your blastos are also lovely! Such a beautiful setup!

I LOVE mini scolys! I vote more pictures of these! Your blastos are also lovely! Such a beautiful setup!

Yeah, when i get my new camera the first picture im taking is of the rainbow mini scolly. Girlfriend picked out the blastos at the store i didnt think they had potential, im glad she saw the potential because they colored up really nice.

Thank you for the kind words.

Stellar 12g! You know I love the LPS! Those acans are awesome. Flame scallop is such a cool creature... I want one !

Thanks! Im an LPS lover at heart, the acans are loving all the excess feeding from my duncuns. My flame scallop has found a place he likes and he just sits there and just flaps all day long. I love the light he outputs from his mouth its such a pretty light blue, i wish my phone wasnt so shit or id take a video lol!

Thanks! Im an LPS lover at heart, the acans are loving all the excess feeding from my duncuns. My flame scallop has found a place he likes and he just sits there and just flaps all day long. I love the light he outputs from his mouth its such a pretty light blue, i wish my phone wasnt so shit or id take a video lol!

Yea, i'm using the note 4 for my pictures and it takes great photos! I don't run my blues over a 14k setting so it's a better white balance. I only run 18k my last hour of photo period. that may be my next pickup, a flame scallop... seems super cool

nice plan to go ultra high tech :-)

have you seen this? It is a sort of DIY controller. developed for freshwater but also ready for saltwater.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/index.php

looks promising, IF the internet functioin is coming. it's what nobody really needs but everybody is waiting for ;)

otherwise it's a great source for parts.

I put the whole controler thing on hold. I got the bluefish mini, and thr atu-pro from reefloat. at the moment I don't think I need anything else for starters. only thing I miss is a monitoring / alarm function, but I already have an idea to put some smart home plugs to use for that ;)

I can't wait for your build man! When are you starting it =)? I'm gonna order my raspberry pi and assesories after iI consult a couple of engineer friends. Should be awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Nice thread Brian! Corals look great! Have you had any difficulties keeping a BTA in a small tank? I read that it's not recommended but that was my goal eventually in my biocube.

Sweet tank so far, love the high tech idea, keep it coming. B)

Nice thread Brian! Corals look great! Have you had any difficulties keeping a BTA in a small tank? I read that it's not recommended but that was my goal eventually in my biocube.

BTAs need the same conditions in a small tank as in a large, there's really no difference. I have 6 BTAs in my 12 gallon long right now and I'd like to add about 5-6 more. You just have to keep your water pristine, feed them, and keep them away from pumps. I do it with biopellets, heavy skimming, lots of mechanical filtration, and weekly 3G water changes. Might not be recommended but hey it's working for me so far. :D

Youll be fine with btas like halo said.

Sweet tank so far, love the high tech idea, keep it coming. B)

BTAs need the same conditions in a small tank as in a large, there's really no difference. I have 6 BTAs in my 12 gallon long right now and I'd like to add about 5-6 more. You just have to keep your water pristine, feed them, and keep them away from pumps. I do it with biopellets, heavy skimming, lots of mechanical filtration, and weekly 3G water changes. Might not be recommended but hey it's working for me so far. :D

Wow that sounds really great man. Water quality is the KEY!

I got my next day off Thursday so huge update on all my tanks. Also seneye review as well, mostly the par meter. i wanted to give it some time to run before i reviewed it for a fair chance. MP3 review the next time i clean it out so probably around christmas, again i needed to give it a little more time for a accurate review.

Happy Reefing

I'm interested to hear what you think about the Seneye. I've got "PAR Meter" on my Christmas list but I think I might need to be a little more specific for my wife :)

I've looked at the Seneye and now the new Apogee SQ-420, which has a USB interface.

if you only want a par meter go with the APOgee SQ-420 100%, BUT if you want a monitoring system with the ability to measure par freely then go with the seneye. Ill try to cover this more in my review thursday. BTW i traded some SPS for fish.....for my eel tank....no deaths or ammonia spikes thus far, the tank appears to be fully cycled with the live lava rock and sand. i have the seneye monitoring and a dosing pump with prime in it just incase it spikes over .25 ppm. The beginning of my controller is started as well. which is how im able to control prime dosing when im not there. it also has reef octopus HOB 90 protein skimmer, CAN YOU SAY OVERKILLLLLLLL, i cant.

• 5 weeks later...

In the process of buying a house wooohoo, hence the lack of updates hang in there for some epic updates I got the Canon 70d for my b-day

In the process of buying a house wooohoo, hence the lack of updates hang in there for some epic updates I got the Canon 70d for my b-day

Uhoh. New house means tank move :-p. Can't wait to see pics from the new camera. Did you get a macro lens too?

• 4 weeks later...

Uhoh. New house means tank move :-p. Can't wait to see pics from the new camera. Did you get a macro lens too?

Yes i did.... i also got a puppy, Chinese water dragon, and a betta fish. House closes the 29th of this month ill probably post an update then. ;o

Yes i did.... i also got a puppy, Chinese water dragon, and a betta fish. House closes the 30th of this month ill probably post an update then. ;o

Can't wait!

Archived