Pod Your Reef

AI Prime Help

Dreichler

So i bought an AI Prime and the mounting kit for the JBJ 28. Its an awesome light and it really does the job, colors in corals are insane compared to the stock LEDs, also polyp extension and is nearly doubled. I just have a few questions. First, whenever i try to go onto the prime local website on my mac for my prime, it never loads, i have to press the button under it, re enter my home wifi password, then it works, the green AI light is always solid on top, is this normal or is something wrong? Also, i read the UV is 405nm and 420nm, i love the look of the color in my corals with high percentage UV, is this rating of the UV too harmful? What would be the highest i can run them at on a 11 hour cycle that slowly goes up and back down at sunrise and sundown, peaks in the middle, whats the highest without harm? Do they even do any harm?

White & Green will fry corals if to high (you have to figure out the best setting for your tank, every tank is different) Red too high will most likely start and algae bloom. Otherwise Blue/Royal Blue/Violet/UV can all be set @ 100% with no issues

405nm and 420nm are not UV LEDs. Some of their output is in the uva area but they peak their output in the true violet spectrum. That said the uva emissions are actually beneficial to coral health rather than harmful.

All florescent and metal halide lamps emit uva radiation in the 380-400nm range (sometimes I see even wider spectral emissions) naturally so an led doing it won't hurt anything.

And before you turn your green led all the way down. No, it will not burn your corals. At least not before the deep blue, cool blue, and violets do. Green LEDs emit very little par. It can cause a little disco though.

The whites on the other hand, being phosphor converted royal blues, can burn your corals but again not before the other aforementioned colors.

White & Green will fry corals if to high (you have to figure out the best setting for your tank, every tank is different) Red too high will most likely start and algae bloom. Otherwise Blue/Royal Blue/Violet/UV can all be set @ 100% with no issues

Got a pic?

Got a pic?

A Pic of what? I can post a pic of a 10g I had an AI Prime over running 20k@ 100% but since I moved up to a 30g with A360W.

I also had the AI Nano for 4 1/2 Years and what I found after screwing around with it for 3 years keeping everything below 50% Was I never saw any impressive growth it wasnt till I jumped the blue/Royal blue to 85-90 & the white @ 40 that things really started to take off, then unfortunately my fixture died

A Pic of what? I can post a pic of a 10g I had an AI Prime over running 20k@ 100% but since I moved up to a 30g with A360W.

I also had the AI Nano for 4 1/2 Years and what I found after screwing around with it for 3 years keeping everything below 50% Was I never saw any impressive growth it wasnt till I jumped the blue/Royal blue to 85-90 & the white @ 40 that things really started to take off, then unfortunately my fixture died

So pretty much all the colors can run in the 80s and 90s in my JBJ 28 except for white? If so, whats the highest i should really put the whites at peak time? Will the whites spark growth better than the others?

So pretty much all the colors can run in the 80s and 90s in my JBJ 28 except for white? If so, whats the highest i should really put the whites at peak time? Will the whites spark growth better than the others?

coral doesn't care about what colors you use to illuminate it (with reason), it cares about intensity.

So raising you whites can increase growth rates as long as you don't do it to fast and shock the corals and/or reach photo inhibition.

Archived