Cultivated Reef

Jackie's CADlights Versa 42/Taken down

jstuver

Keep white. It will look nicer with your new IM Concept drop-off tank ;). But seriously...I think white sand is way better than black. For some reason black sand looks dirtier. From my own experience with it. And it has metallic pieces in it that stick to magnet cleaners.

Lol! My husband looked at me like I was crazy tonight when I mentioned selling this tank:) Yeah I think I'll stick with the white.

I voted white too. Never seen a tank with black sand that really impressed me. White is natural and soothing.

Yeah I'm thinking I'll stick with the white, less work too not having to switch out the sand:)

This is the tank I hope to have some day. I love the dimensions. Its great to see it at its full potential. Great job!

Thanks so much! I really have loved this tank.

• Like 1

So I have been debating on selling this tank and going with something smaller. I'm bored and can't decide. This tank in the pic is available on a local classifieds. It's roughly 12 gallons and is made to have a sump. What are your guys thoughts? I think I could do something fun with it

79F7274D-973A-4368-9C34-EED58EA2E4C9_zps

• Like 2

So I added a poll to the first post. When I do my revamp I am trying to decide if I should stick with white sand or change it to black? I am also debating if I want to pull off the black backing and let my blue wall show through....

I say white!! I think you'll miss the more natural look of the white sand to set things apart.

So I have been debating on selling this tank and going with something smaller. I'm bored and can't decide. This tank in the pic is available on a local classifieds. It's roughly 12 gallons and is made to have a sump. What are your guys thoughts? I think I could do something fun with it

So, is the tank a circle? I'm confused :lol:

I say if you're thinking of going smaller, set it up but don't take down your current build. I think you will really miss the space and the water volume you have now. Maybe change up this tank?

• Like 1

I say white!! I think you'll miss the more natural look of the white sand to set things apart.

So, is the tank a circle? I'm confused :lol:

I say if you're thinking of going smaller, set it up but don't take down your current build. I think you will really miss the space and the water volume you have now. Maybe change up this tank?

It's a bubble tank, the front protrudes like a bubble. However after I posted that he finally got back to me on the size and it's only like 16" long 10" front to back and 16" tall so I don't think I'll do it, that's pretty tiny.

Yeah my first plan is to do an overhaul on this tank but I look at it and think about how much money is in it and just wonder if I should find something smaller. I love the drop off tanks but don't really want to spend $300 on a tank

• Like 1

It's a bubble tank, the front protrudes like a bubble. However after I posted that he finally got back to me on the size and it's only like 16" long 10" front to back and 16" tall so I don't think I'll do it, that's pretty tiny.

Yeah my first plan is to do an overhaul on this tank but I look at it and think about how much money is in it and just wonder if I should find something smaller. I love the drop off tanks but don't really want to spend $300 on a tank

I would HATE to see this tank taken down, so i'm being selfish for sure when I say keep it up! But I get it and you have to do what is right for you and what you'll be happy with!

I would HATE to see this tank taken down, so i'm being selfish for sure when I say keep it up! But I get it and you have to do what is right for you and what you'll be happy with!

I'll for sure try an overhaul on it first:) I do love the tank and it has been the only tank I bought brand new and kept up for more than a year lol

I now just have to bring myself to actually do it, it always takes me sooooo long!!!

• Like 2

I'll for sure try an overhaul on it first:) I do love the tank and it has been the only tank I bought brand new and kept up for more than a year lol

I now just have to bring myself to actually do it, it always takes me sooooo long!!!

My macro tank upgrade I started in the beginning of August still isn't done! And the 12 is still running :blush: I get it :)

I wonder if that tank is meant to be built into a wall? It's very different for sure! Too bad it's too small...I'd love to see what you would do with it :).

Just do it :). LOL...I was not wanting to spend that cash either but was willing to do it if I loved the tank enough. Which I did when I saw it. And then I didn't even have to spend full price which was a nice bonus! I get bored pretty easily with my tanks too. Hopefully this unusual style will keep me interested long enough. At least until I scratch the heck out of it and need to replace it with something new LOL.

I bought a fairly large long tentacle anemone so now I really need to rearrange the tank. I plan to start tonight/tomorrow wish me luck :P

Oh boy. That might change your tank. Maybe you can do an anemone clownfish tank if you decide to change it up.

Good luck! Post pictures :D

Thanks I actually didn't get to it until tonight lol. I will post some pics maybe tomorrow

Oh boy. That might change your tank. Maybe you can do an anemone clownfish tank if you decide to change it up.

Yeah I actually am going towards a softy/anemone tank:)

• Like 2

The rescape is done just waiting on my long tentacle anemone to attach to the rock. I put it in a tupperware container to help with the process but he doesn't seem to want to attach. So until he does there won't be any pics.

Not sure how thrilled I am with it but we will see. The tank looks a bit empty lol. I still may end up taking this one down and going with an all anemone smaller tank...

• Like 1