Pod Your Reef

Jackie's CADlights Versa 42/Taken down

jstuver

I picked up the CADlights versa 42 a couple weeks ago from a local store. Absolutely love the size and shape of this tank. It is all starfire glass and made fairly well, hubby did take a slice out of his finger on the bottom of the tank due to the glass not being flush or buffed. I just got all the stuff in it last night so I will update soon. We are fixing the plumbing as I wanted to keep my pump I have but the lines were so small it blew the hose off the pump last night:( and I had a bunch of water all over! Hopefully we will get that fixed today and I will be up and running fully.

Updates to come...

Equipment List:
I used a lot of the equipment I had running on the 100G tank on this build.
Jecod/Jebao DCT-8000 return pump
ATi 24" 8 bulb dimmable fixture
20 gallon long sump
Aqua C Urchin pro in-sump skimmer
Updated Loc-line for better flow management
ATO auto top off
Apex Jr.
24" Blue Reef Brite LED
UV sterilizer
Fish Update:
Pair of clowns, one true percula one black and white about 3-3 1/2"
Forktail blenny
Purple dottyback
Inverts:
Emerald crab
2 peppermint shrimp
FTS Update August 19, 2015
DSC06225_zpskmhryrxa.jpg

UPDATE August 9,2015

Finally built the fixture to hold my light and now I can post a few pics. These were just taken with my phone a few minutes after lights on so things are still unhappy. I will post a closer view of the rockwork when everything is happy.
The little vintage crate box to the left side is what I use to keep my ATO container in:)
A4753F28-F27B-4A9D-9D48-9E998ACFE5C9_zps
22D3BA6C-2681-4D48-87E3-10FAA98DA96A_zps
AB025B5E-535B-4769-AD12-7CCA3A259503_zps

Jackie are you using a powerhead? if so which one?

Jackie are you using a powerhead? if so which one?

I'm actually not, I bought some extra loc-line and made the returns longer. With my return pump has got enough flow that I haven't needed to worry about a powerhead. My return pump is a jebao dct-8000 and I have it turned up to about 3 from the top.

The camera and I weren't getting along too great today but figured I'd post these anyway, I had also just moved some stuff around so the tank was a bit ticked off at me:

DSC06986_zps8obxzaft.jpg

DSC07010_zpsberz7sqt.jpg

DSC07009_zpspwzls2bw.jpg

DSC07006_zpsxopjtyoe.jpg

DSC06990_zpsxn47p5s5.jpg

DSC06988_zpsoqaxatzv.jpg

In the middle of this pic is a teeny tiny jawbreaker mushroom:)

DSC06997_zpssw8g6j47.jpg

DSC06987_zps5tupq0fk.jpg

DSC06985_zpsoo4jzq3t.jpg

DSC06984_zps0prz1wzp.jpg

DSC06968_zpskyeqlg1i.jpg

DSC06970_zpswf3k8r4x.jpg

DSC06977_zpsjs2qgnz8.jpg

DSC06966_zpswwn8t52k.jpg

DSC06976_zpshmo6zttc.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

We went on a vacation for 4 days to San Francisco and Monterey for our 19th wedding anniversary. Had an amazing time. Came home sold half my torch and the green trachy plan to get a clam at some point. Tank looked great when I got back so I am happy.

Quick cell phone shot:

20150919_152448-01_zps9zh0tydd.jpeg

• Like 5

It looks great! I've started a little ricordea rock in my 10g after getting inspired by your super cool ric rock.

I think the red RFA is one of the prettiest ones I've seen :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

It looks great! I've started a little ricordea rock in my 10g after getting inspired by your super cool ric rock.

I think the red RFA is one of the prettiest ones I've seen :wub:

Sorry just noticed you posted, I love my ric rock one of my favorite things in my tank. That dang RFA is getting on my nerves it moves around so much! It has spent the last few weeks in a crevice with barely any light, today it is back up and has lost some color hopefully it will get it back now that its decided to park itself in the light again.

Beautiful and so many nice colonies. I presume you transferred another tank in to this one?

Thank you! Yes I had a 100G tank that I transferred everything from. I don't like waiting for frags to grow so I tend to buy larger colonies when I can:)

Update:

I have sold a few things and moved a few others to different spots along with acquiring a few new pieces

FTS for October 2015

DSC08524_zpsafwuxbs3.jpg

New plate

DSC08542_zpsk3dvk2vk.jpg

DSC08535_zpsutm8pbre.jpg

New Wrasse(Christmas)

DSC08534_zpszjlusl5i.jpg

DSC08532_zpss9xsewax.jpg

New blasto that I love

DSC08554_zpsnbmkumkv.jpg

You can see the color a bit better in this one

DSC08559_zpsjaprli4j.jpg

Thought these reflection shots were cool

DSC08591_zpssa0zvaqu.jpg

DSC08590_zpsdazcdnck.jpg

• Like 9

We went on a vacation for 4 days to San Francisco and Monterey for our 19th wedding anniversary. Had an amazing time. Came home sold half my torch and the green trachy plan to get a clam at some point. Tank looked great when I got back so I am happy.

Quick cell phone shot:

20150919_152448-01_zps9zh0tydd.jpeg

Really nice looking tank.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really nice tank!

Do you think you could get away with using a 6bulb ATI Powermodule on this tank instead of the 8bulb?

Sorry I just saw all these comments not sure why I didn't see them before. I am sure I could but I had bought this light brand new for my 100g tank and when I sold it to downsize I did not want to have to worry about getting a different light as I love this one so I just use the dimming feature.

awesome tank,how do you keep your sand bed so clean and white?

Haha it really isn't I swear there are little shells and what not all over it drives me crazy!

this is a beautiful tank... love your photos!

Thank you so much!

Awesome tank man! I was able to see this in person at RAP and loved the dimensions.

-Dave

Thanks! I really love it!

Beautiful tank!

Thanks so much!

hAppY hAlloWeeN from my house!

Unfortunately my oldest son had to work tonight but the other two had fun with their costumes:)

My daughter is a spider web

This is her pure happiness shot:

DSC09096_zpsey7sotdc.jpg

DSC09090-2_zpsmzv8uoaw.jpg

My son and my husband made this mask. He is Corvo Attano from Dishonored video game

DSC09133_zps4rsq8w82.jpg

DSC09141_zpsjflqzlx0.jpg

• Like 2

We visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium in September when we stayed in Monterey California for our Nineteenth wedding anniversary.

Here are just a couple of my favorite photos that I took:

Excuse the photobucket quality:(

DSC07931_zpsbzswtrue.jpg

DSC07566_zpsgecl7qz7.jpg

DSC07567_zps0rosnq6a.jpg

• Like 2