Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help please ! Bought a new anemone might be dying ?

Salvin916

Hi guy I just bought a new anemone from the pet store while placing it I saw it ripped from this mouth please help !! I have a pic below

214b1ih.jpg

Did it come on a piece of rock or did they rip the foot removing it from rock? Not much you can do but watch it and offer food. It's bleached so it needs food.

Did it come on a piece of rock or did they rip the foot removing it from rock? Not much you can do but watch it and offer food. It's bleached so it needs food.

Whatever lawn says to do with thst anemone listen to him. He's a master nem keeper :P

Feed feed feed

It came like that on the rock I didn't not notice it... At the store nor I tried to remove it from the rock. is it known to recover from injuries like this ?

I will try to feed it

Feed it small stuff though at first like small mysis. I don't think you'll have as much success going right for the silver sides.

It came like that on the rock I didn't not notice it... At the store nor I tried to remove it from the rock. is it known to recover from injuries like this ?

I will try to feed it

Yes they can recover doesn't look that bad to me. Feed it small pieces of krill or mysis to start.

Feed it small stuff though at first like small mysis. I don't think you'll have as much success going right for the silver sides.

+1

Yes they can recover doesn't look that bad to me. Feed it small pieces of krill or mysis to start. +1

Thanks guys I'll feed it in a bit have to get Turky blaster once again much appreciate the help everyone !! I'll keep you guys posted how this goes

So it let go of whatever mysis it grabed it couldn't close all the way because it's half cut I might have to turn off the water pumps and filter or cut a 2litter bottle and try target feeding again... I wish there was something else I could do about this don't want it to die

So it let go of whatever mysis it grabed it couldn't close all the way because it's half cut I might have to turn off the water pumps and filter or cut a 2litter bottle and try target feeding again... I wish there was something else I could do about this don't want it to die

Put the mysis in frozen,it'll help it stay together,cut all water movement off prior. If not mysis try small fish food pellets,I feed my couple bubble tip anemones this sometimes if mysis is trouble for you atm

Put the mysis in frozen,it'll help it stay together,cut all water movement off prior. If not mysis try small fish food pellets,I feed my couple bubble tip anemones this sometimes if mysis is trouble for you atm

I just tired that it's stilling not eating anything... Gave it pallets live and frozen mysis it grabbed on to it but did not consume it

I just tired that it's stilling not eating anything... Gave it pallets live and frozen mysis it grabbed on to it but did not consume it

Just give it so time. It's probably hurting a bit. Did you get it at petco?

Just give it so time. It's probably hurting a bit. Did you get it at petco?

Yeah it moved it self to the back of the tank lol yeah only thing to do is to wait now I guess I bought it from pet club

Pet co and pets mart don't sell saltwater stuff in Sacramento

Yeah it moved it self to the back of the tank lol yeah only thing to do is to wait now I guess I bought it from pet club

Pet co and pets mart don't sell saltwater stuff in Sacramento

No worries just give it some tlc it'll pull through I'd say

Leave it be. Don't try to mess with it,if it's not getting light back there don't worry immediately, after a few days if it still isn't out try to move it under light so it doesn't waste away.

Leave it be. Don't try to mess with it,if it's not getting light back there don't worry immediately, after a few days if it still isn't out try to move it under light so it doesn't waste away.

Yeah Ieft it alone it gets good light back there once if get better if it does I'll try to block the light and just hopefully it moves again

I'll try to feed it again 2 days from now...

Archived