ReefCleaners.org

RODI and Salt-mixing station

TitaniumDevil

TitaniumDevil
Gotta say i am a bit proud of this little project that I've been wanting to complete for a while and just wanted to share it.

All together I've had my rodi unit for a few years now. I recently took to upgrading to a 150 gpd and decided to actually try to make it a bit easier on me since i pretty much ran it out of a storage box onto buckets and had to deal with pulling everything out when i needed to make water then putting everything away when i was done. To say the least i have been ready for a more permanent setup that is at the ready.

So what did i use:

two 50lb. vittles vault containers which will hold 13 gallons but with float valve limit maybe more like 9 or 10

two float valves to shut down rodi unit once full

1 bulkhead at the top container which is plumbed to deliver rodi water

3 bulkheads at the bottom container, one leads out to dispense the water, 2 will be plumbed with a pump to recirculate and mix the saltwater which is still pending.

2 gate valves one for each tank

i have a t-fitting that feeds from the rodi plumbing of the top tank to the bottom tank

all the pipe is gray schedule 80

as far as the stand goes it measures about 20inx20in and it is all from wood i had leftover from other projects i did its 4 ft high, the paint i used on the stand was also recycled from the leftovers from painting my daughters room

post-71292-0-66442500-1438995651_thumb.jpg

post-71292-0-55488300-1438995788_thumb.jpg

TitaniumDevil

Thanks, compact is what I was going for seeing that I currently only have a 3 gallon reef it may be overkill but I am upgrading to a 15 gallon. I have not found out how fast I can fill both containers yet since everything is put on hold for me right now due to a surgery but once better I will be sure to put more pics and updates

• 5 years later...

Archived