Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Killer Clowns

Pm04z71

I have a 29g tank that has been FOWLR for the past year. The only fish are a Pair of BW clowns. that have become very aggressive. i moved all the rock around to try and lessen the aggression. I bought a Cleaner shrimp yesterday around 6pm acclimated him and within30 seconds of placing him in the tank the clowns attacked him. Ripping off two legs and a feeler or two before i was able to swoop him out and get a Tuppaware and drill holes in it and make a peaceful place for him to try and get them use to him. This morning found him dead. I think it was the stress of the attack and damage done to him. All params are where they should be including mg,alk,cal. Any ideas on how to deal with aggressive clowns?

SquishyFishy

Wow! I've not heard of killer clowns. Mine are so gentle and model citizens...hard to imagine that. Sorry about your skunk. The only fish that bothers mine is the damsel, he bites Jacque's feelers sometimes, but never to the point of injury.

outerorbiter

My tank raised occelaris bites me repeatedly when my hand is in the tank. If it catches between fingers it leaves small red marks. Aggravating

Archived