ReefCleaners.org

Dry rock in DT-LR in sump

Jwilken02

On my new build I am planning on ordering 15lbs of dry rock from reefcleaners.org for the Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long and then adding as much LR rubble as I can reasonably fit in the refugium section of my 20L sump. I was just wondering if this LR rubble in the fuge and live sand (in both display and sump) would be enough to help the dry rock seed well or should I also dose some pure ammonia at the beginning to help cycle? Thanks for your input!

HarryPotter

Just measure your nitrate/nitrite/ammonia and you'll see for yourself!

I wouldn't reccomend packing the redugium with live rock. It's just going to slowly fill with poop and detritus, becoming a nitrate factory IMO

What would you put in the refugium? Trying to make sure I have a decent pod population and also plan to have some different types of macros.

HarryPotter

What would you put in the refugium? Trying to make sure I have a decent pod population and also plan to have some different types of macros.

Probably miracle mud and lots of chaeto.

So just miracle mud and chaeto, do you ever run into the issue with clouding with the miracle mud? I researched it a little bit a week or so ago and people seemed to have issue with it causing some clouding. Might just depend on flow through the refugium though.

Archived