Innovative Marine Aquariums

zhark

I was wondering what settings would I need to tune my A.I prime up to, in order to keep a Maxima clam? It's approximately 4 inches above the water. I'm planning to place the clam at the central position of the tank, on top of a rock, in total it'd be approximately 8-9 inches away from the light.

Settings at the moment:

Cool white 31%

Green 14%

UV, Deep blue, blue, Deep red 40%

thanks!

4.3 gallons, with a mantis (spearer), some LPS, zoas and sun coral and hermits. Rather high bioload so will I be able to accommodate a smaller maxima of about 2.5 inches? The mantis wont bother the clam, it leaves my hermits, snails and hitchhiker bivalve alone, only eating raw shrimp. I do weekly or bi-weekly water changes, top-off daily.

5XUuyC6.jpg

Planning to place the clam on the same spot as the blue damaged acans (they were stung by the green rohdactis shrooms).

I don't believe your mushroom had any affect on the Acan. Normally they would do the damage not take it.

You are going to need to bump that light up to 80% intensity atleast. At 100% they only put out 260 PAR. That is a reading 12 inches below the light through air. Not water. So you are going to lose a drastic amount of light through the water. The clam will probably survive but not thrive under this light.

Derasa clams do not need as much light but do be careful as they are fast growers and can very large. Much hardier though. They prefer the sand bed as apposed to rock.

It looks like you have some Yumas. Thay are probably your problem. The green and purple Yumas have been problematic in my tank. They have smothered and killed several acans. The rohdactis is not an issue the acan would win that battle. From your pic I see 3 green purple yumas. I would get rid of those as they are fast growers and aggresive IME.

It looks like you have some Yumas. Thay are probably your problem. The green and purple Yumas have been problematic in my tank. They have smothered and killed several acans. The rohdactis is not an issue the acan would win that battle. From your pic I see 3 green purple yumas. I would get rid of those as they are fast growers and aggresive IME.

Actually the green one and the 'purple' ones are the same type, theyre just inflated and the other one isnt!

Archived