SaltCritters.com

Best Full Spectrum Lights

Dreichler

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the title says "Best Full Spectrum Lights". Not "Best Full Spectrum Lights for no money".

Gotta read at least the first post.

Gotta read at least the first post.

I was being sarcastic as OP clearly wants Hydra 26 but then it's too expensive but then everything else sucks compared to Hydra 26.

Title should really say "Best full spectrum light that's the Hydra 26 but not the Hydra 26 but really better be the Hydra 26".

I was being sarcastic as OP clearly wants Hydra 26 but then it's too expensive but then everything else sucks compared to Hydra 26.

Title should really say "Best full spectrum light that's the Hydra 26 but not the Hydra 26 but really better be the Hydra 26".

That is hilarious. I felt that's what he was pushing for.

If price is the concern, something like this Full spectrum and 50W REEF AND SPS Dimmable Led is probably the best choice. I am using one over my 18 Gallon, growing SPS, LPS, BTA, and maxima clam. All corals are doing well. Clam double its size in a year. For just over a 100, you won't find a better deal than that.

Things I don't like about that light is, it is a bit too red. But from video/picture on the Internet, Hydra 26's color is similar. Another is hanging. I am renting so I can't drill to hang from roof. My solution to hang it over the tank is pretty hacky and ugly, which my wife complains the most. ;)

Couple months ago I got a Kessil A160E for my softy tank. I like its color better, less red tune. $239 is well within your price range. If kessil A160E is not powerful enough, Kessil A360E is only $399, plus gooseneck is less than 450, not over the budget by too much. Maybe wait till black friday and you can get both under 400.

Current-USA Orbit Marine LED Fixture: 24"-36" they have other sized aswell. you can pick this one up for 90 bucks used on ebay or around 140 to 160 new. very good full spectrum light unless he is just looking for a top mount not a sit on.

Paleoreef103

I think you all are worrying more about the "puck" than about keeping good, stable water parameters LOL

Cmon they're all great lights; obviously they grow and color coral very well. Just agree to disagree- everyone has a personal preference

Agreed. Some of the nicest tanks I've seen have used freaking chinese d120 LED fixtures because their parameters are rock solid and I've seen some crappy tanks running radions.

I would say my own tank didn't get the SPS growth and color I wanted until after I had dosers set up to keep my parameters in check. Seriously, I upgraded my DIY LED set up in June last year, but didn't get my tank to take off until December after picking some BRS dosers on black Friday.

Archived