Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kessil AP700 - Release date & Price

Hexadron

You can read the article over @ Reef Builders

September

185 Watts

$949

I was waiting for this fixture, but didn't think it would be priced at $949 thats out of my budget. :(

I was waiting for this fixture, but didn't think it would be priced at $949 thats out of my budget. :(

$949 for 48" of coverage isn't bad. You need 2 Radions for that and I'm a BIG Radion fan. You'd be spending over $1200 at that point and then you need Reeflink or a WXM for an Apex to control them wirelessly.

$949 for 48" of coverage isn't bad. You need 2 Radions for that and I'm a BIG Radion fan. You'd be spending over $1200 at that point and then you need Reeflink or a WXM for an Apex to control them wirelessly.

Yeah thats very true. I'll eventually get it, but for now I will wait a bit. I am also hoping that the come out with some type of tank mount for it.

Yeah thats very true. I'll eventually get it, but for now I will wait a bit. I am also hoping that the come out with some type of tank mount for it.

Oh they will. It has to have something like a RMS mount as those things were a hit with everyone. I'll get one as well but I'll wait until the 2nd run probably.

HarryPotter

Oh they will. It has to have something like a RMS mount as those things were a hit with everyone. I'll get one as well but I'll wait until the 2nd run probably.

Already considering ditching the Radions? Lol

Yeah that would be awesome ! That is usually what I do just incase it has any issues which most things usually do.

Yeah that would be awesome ! That is usually what I do just incase it has any issues which most things usually do.

At a few of these shows I have attended they have a tank mount but it has changed a bit each time. I am sure they will have some gooseneck mount as well ( unless it is to heavy ). I think they even "make" there own goosenecks now.

-Dave

jedimasterben

Ain't no way you can get 48" coverage out of this, just look at the photos so far. 36" is the maximum unless you really like shadows.

Too much money and 4 feet of coverage is pretty limiting. Sure you might use it on a 3 foot tank, but what about 5-6 foot tanks, 2 would be too much one is not enough and it won't play with the a360s. I love Kessil lights but I don't see myself getting this.

jedimasterben

I sure hope they come out with a "nano" version.

... you mean the A160, right? This is essentially two A360 in a single fixture with wireless control. The can fixtures are really too small to house all the extra electronics for the controller, but they are building the foundation for standard 'brick' fixtures to be able to house more stuff.

reefernanoman

... you mean the A160, right? This is essentially two A360 in a single fixture with wireless control. The can fixtures are really too small to house all the extra electronics for the controller, but they are building the foundation for standard 'brick' fixtures to be able to house more stuff.

How about a 24 inch version with two A160we like cans inside?

I was just wondering what the difference was between getting 2 a360s and getting this. Now I know. I'm disappointed actually, nothing truly "groundbreaking" imo except the aesthetics of the packaging of the Kessil diodes.

So it's basically two 360s mounted in a box with a controller? I'd rather go with the 360s, at least then you can add another one when two are too dim, or you get a bigger tank.

reefernanoman

So it's basically two 360s mounted in a box with a controller? I'd rather go with the 360s, at least then you can add another one when two are too dim, or you get a bigger tank.

Wifi built in, being able to control all the colors individually, moonlight phase too. But I do think that it's overpriced.

Depends on the scape I think. Though shadows are a part of aquascape that are oft overlooked in favor of cramming in ever coral on every nook or cranny we can see and reach.

Archived