Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

dose potassium

amphipod

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would doze according to what the product you bought recommend.

lol I don't think a bottle of stump remover comes with dosing instructions lol.

What have you read that says it w benefit your tank

I have read numerous accounts of corals coloring up better with added potassium, so I want my aiptasia to look their best.

:huh: You serious? Haha

dead serious
HarryPotter

I have read numerous accounts of corals coloring up better with added potassium, so I want my aiptasia to look their best.

Signature. Done.

what's your current potassium level in the tank?

what's you rate of consumption?

don't have half a clue, since I don't preform regular water changes in this tank a dosing will pretty much be a done deal, think of it as a one way ticket.

Woah woah. :)

Stump remover adds Nitrate and an insignificant amount of Potassium. Many folks use KNO3 to raise Nitrates in order to reduce phosphates when carbon dosing. If you want to try dosing K then get a pure source or something like Brightwell's Potassion.

I dose 1 ml lab grade potassium chloride daily via a doser.

what's the concentration of KCl solution you use?

#1 rule of reefing

Don't dose what you don't test for.

sometimes the risks are worth taking. anyways, to give you an idea of risky moves in that tank, I've put miracle grow in that tank to try grow more algae, results were pleasing.

True risk are sometimes worth it but I don't think this is one of those times. I would buy a potassium source made for aquarium, it wouldn't cost that much from what you plan on using and it comes with dosing direction

All right I did the math since KNO3 is like 38.672% K by weight and KCl is like 52.445%

To make one deciliter of the solution I would have needed somewhere around 14.91 grams of KCl for 2 molarity solution.

To make the same concentration of K using KNO3 I need pretty much 20.3 grams of it.

So how many milliliters per gallon would the dosing be?

Archived