inTank Media Baskets

16g nano help me pick my CUC

truels2

I've done some research and I see that a lot of people are not to fond of hermit crabs . I need some help picking out a clean up crew for my 16g nano. How many should I have for my tank ? I've started to get diatoms on the sand bed. Also are any of the "shrimp" species actually clean up algae or do they just scavenge for none eaten food .

I've done some research and I see that a lot of people are not to fond of hermit crabs . I need some help picking out a clean up crew for my 16g nano. How many should I have for my tank ? I've started to get diatoms on the sand bed. Also are any of the "shrimp" species actually clean up algae or do they just scavenge for none eaten food .

Have you looked at reefcleaners.com? They have some packages that you can use for a reference. Hermits are great for cleaning up diatoms but after that can be a pain. Also if diatoms are really all you have (no other algae) your cuc may starve after they clean them up. So don't get too many.

I would do maybe 2-3 nerites, 10 dwarf ceriths and 2-3 flordia ceriths and 1-2 hermits (if you want them) to start out.

What about a shrimp at some point? Id like to get one i think my son would get a kick out of it as long as it doesnt cause any issues?

Archived