SaltCritters.com

Do you feed your SPS

PicoSavvy

I feed coral fenzy and reef roids plus fish poop (naturally) and they do well. I don't target feed but just add to the water column

I kill my return pump and target feed with Reef Chili. AcroPower and Lugols is dosed after I turn the pump back on.

masterbuilder

Broadcast feed with Oyster Feast three times a week, about 15 minutes before lights out. Vortech shuts down for 30 minutes during that time and just the return pump runs (very low flow). Holding out for a couple of fish I cant find so, I have a very low fish load.

Kill return which kills skimmer, reactor, turn down powerheads -- and feed either reef roids, reef chilli or coral frenzy randomly boradcasted every 2-3 days.

I also drop in acropower every 3~4 days.

I turn off my return pump and skimmer for 30 minutes after the main display lights have gone off and broadcast feed Reef Chili. For my SPS dominate tank (48g) I use 3 little spoons full (the spoon that comes with the Reef Chili) two or three times a week.

12_egg_Omelette

Yup, I kill the Jaebo and my turn pump kill the ATO and I target feed oyster feast. I leave everything off for about 20 minutes, then I turn the Jaebo on but still have the return pump off. I want the food to move around more before getting sucked into the filter floss. Within an hour I'll turn the return pump back on. This is my routine for feeding any food other than aqua vitro fuel.

Archived