Coral Vue Hydros

Dosing Solution mixtures.

TheKleinReef

TheKleinReef

After asking 3 times in my personal thread, it's time to out source my question to the other forums.

What's the maximum amount of calcium chloride and soda ash that can dissolve in 1L of water?

I found 74.5g/100g water for calcium chloride (@20C)
And 21.5g/100g water for Soda ash (@20C)

does that mean 745g calcium chloride will dissolve in 1L of water?

and 215g soda ash will dissolve in 1L of water?

My vertex vessels are 2.5L so i could mix up 1862.5g calcium chloride and 537.5g soda ash for the 2.5L vessel?

I'm currently using BRS solutions and the directions create a solution that brings my tank up 1/2 as what is recommended for similar products.

halp.

pls. :)

I use 100G of Chloride per 1L of water and heat the water to ensure it all dissolves properly. I was mixing in 120G of Chloride but found that when the water cooled some would drop out of the liquid state and crystallize on the bottom of the dosing container. Can't help you with the soda ash though. What does the ash do?

TheKleinReef

I use 100G of Chloride per 1L of water and heat the water to ensure it all dissolves properly. I was mixing in 120G of Chloride but found that when the water cooled some would drop out of the liquid state and crystallize on the bottom of the dosing container. Can't help you with the soda ash though. What does the ash do?

soda ash is sodium carbonate, for alk.

soda ash is sodium carbonate, for alk.

Ah I see, I use Sodium Bicarbonate (Natrium-Hydrogen Carbonate) for my Alk.

Hope I helped you out with the Chloride though.

TheKleinReef

Ah I see, I use Sodium Bicarbonate (Natrium-Hydrogen Carbonate) for my Alk.

Hope I helped you out with the Chloride though.

yep, thanks!

I don't think my solutions are concentrated enough.

Archived