Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Got some new fish in my FOWL

Hammerstone

Hammerstone

Hi! We'd discussed about the odds of having A decent size female resident clown and then adding a juvenile black clown. Well I just got him and I'm acclimating him now. I also replaced a flame angel that died suddenly when we upgraded powerheads. My resident fish in this 30 gallon tank are my clown and a firefish that have been in there for about a year. Wish me luck with the baby clown. :-)

Hammerstone

Thank you. So far she has damnedest to kill the baby. Right now I put the large female in a large net jail with the long part sticking out under the glass. The baby is staying beside her which I don't understand. I'm scared to let her out. The LFS said they could stay in the net for up to two days. I love her and don't want to overly stress her. I don't know what to do at this point.

Hammerstone

Well Bob was showing signs of stress in the net so I let her out. She must have learned her lesson because now they are swimming together. They were shimmying and being on their sides at first. Maybe they'll make it together. Maybe she just needed to be rehabilitated lol.

Hammerstone

Bob and Baby are just like Mother and child. Bob is about 2 1/2 " long and Baby is a 1/3 of that. They never leave each other's side and are being hosted by a cave facing the back of the rock wall. I also have a fire fish in there who also has a cave but comes out once in awhile lol. It looks like a ghost town, well except for

Feeding time. I feed Baby cyclops eze and finely crushed flakes because he's so small he can't even eat the brine shrimp lol. Just a happy update is all

:-)

Hammerstone

Well for this tank I would like to try yet another flame angel. I had the one for like six months and she was starting to eat flake and then we upgraded powerheads and she just died. The second one I just got was throwing itself against the bag while I was driving home and continued to do that at home. She never destressed so I think I would like to try another bigger one. This will probably my last try.

For the eventual reef tank I'm still not sure. I really liked the flame hawk, the bright red one, but I think my fish are too peaceful and I like my three peppermint shrimp. I'm still cruising the show stopper thread and there are so many beautiful fish in there. So I haven't yet decided!!!

Archived