Cultivated Reef

new Bluefish app 2.0 available for public beta

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

Now available on Google Play, and very soon for iOS.

Screenshot_2015-06-23-20-41-30.png Screenshot_2015-06-23-20-41-16.png Screenshot_2015-06-23-20-40-57.png Screenshot_2015-06-23-20-36-28.png

-Greatly improved BlinkUp success rate especially on older Android devices

-Prettier interface

-Landscape orientation support

-Many new features coming soon: This new app is based on web technology. This means that we will now be developing for Android, iOS, and maybe even other platforms simultaneously. For Bluefish users, that means we will be giving you free new features and improvements at a much faster rate. No more waiting for the next app release.

Download from google play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BluefishController&hl=en

I hope you guys enjoy the new app! Please submit any feedback to support@aquarium-led-controller.com

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to download the app without connecting to a controller? I will be in the market for some new lights before long and just wanted to see how i like the Bluefish controlke .

Is it possible to download the app without connecting to a controller? I will be in the market for some new lights before long and just wanted to see how i like the Bluefish controlke .

The new one may (Spencer? )

The old one could download but not open as it needs to blink up first

jedimasterben

No, it will still need to connect to a controller.

For me the app has so far crashed thrice after reporting a successful login.

My bluefish mini is currently off so I will check later to see if it's simply an issue with the device being off.

Well that sucks. I wanted to pkay with the interface and see how easy it is to use

It's so easy I can use it,and I'm not very tech oriented at all,seriously.

SpencerShepard

For me the app has so far crashed thrice after reporting a successful login.

My bluefish mini is currently off so I will check later to see if it's simply an issue with the device being off.

Yep, it's because the device is off, but it shouldn't cause a crash. Working on it now.

Edit: Fixed the issue. Propagating across Google Play now.

OK then. Logged in. Did the blinkup. I like it.

It's not as snappy as the previous app. I think it might just be meatier programming at work though and the load times are still quick enough.

The important stuff is much more streamlined as far as navigation is concerned as far as I could tell. I'll have to play with it more later.

And the patch did indeed fix the crashing. :)

A demo mode / test account would certainly be appreciated.

Even though there ain't much to do, I think this could convince a lot of undecided people to actually go for a bluefish...

jedimasterben

It's not as snappy as the previous app. I think it might just be meatier programming at work though and the load times are still quick enough.

Just think - the non-public version was WAY slower lol. Spencer did as much as he could to get this new app written and it's decently fast now, but it is actually getting the live data right from the controller now, which is the cause for the slower response time.

Just think - the non-public version was WAY slower lol. Spencer did as much as he could to get this new app written and it's decently fast now, but it is actually getting the live data right from the controller now, which is the cause for the slower response time.

Boom.

SpencerShepard

Well that sucks. I wanted to pkay with the interface and see how easy it is to use

username: testacct

password: test

This is connected to a real device, so I'm not sure how it will go with multiple users changing settings. Don't be surprised if your settings don't stick or change as you are playing.

jedimasterben

Spencer to the rescue!

Dude seriously is quick with applying changes. I had a problem switching between my two Bluefish controllers with the app, and he was able to put in the changes within a few minutes to fix it.

This is connected to a real device, so I'm not sure how it will go with multiple users changing settings. Don't be surprised if your settings don't stick or change as you are playing.

Now that's customer service.

cool thanks. will test later! hope it can't overload!?

Edit: Thank you spencer! This helped get a look and feel for it. I like it!

Still on the old app though, as I am out of Android atm

So basically it's a meatier program just like I said. :P

Tom@HaslettMI

Just played around a bit... nice app! I'm looking forward to using on my tank very soon.

Tom

lol whoever changed the system name on the test account...

That's hilarious. It was not me, but as an IT guy by trade I find this amusing.

Archived