SaltCritters.com

Two tanks with one controller?

mpad

Is it possible to control two different setups with one controller?

So if you had a tank with a display refugium and you want different operating times or location simulation than the main display.

So can the controller and app handle multiple setups? Or do I need one controller for each setup / scenario?

Sorry if this has been asked before...

HarryPotter

So if you had a tank with a display refugium and you want different operating times or location simulation than the main display.

So can the controller and app handle multiple setups? Or do I need one controller for each setup / scenario?

One controller, just an extra module

jedimasterben

One controller, just an extra module

What exactly does that mean since the Bluefish environment has no 'modules'? :huh:

The controller can run as many tanks and as many combinations as you have channels for. If one tank you want five channels and the second you want four, its not possible unless you combine some to get a total of six channels between the two.

What exactly does that mean since the Bluefish environment has no 'modules'? :huh:

The controller can run as many tanks and as many combinations as you have channels for. If one tank you want five channels and the second you want four, its not possible unless you combine some to get a total of six channels between the two.

OK, thanks. It was mainly the question if the app allows different settings per channel and if the controller can save theese with internal clock. etc.

I have only seen the app in action for one tank /setup at a time.

jedimasterben

OK, thanks. It was mainly the question if the app allows different settings per channel and if the controller can save theese with internal clock. etc.

I have only seen the app in action for one tank /setup at a time.

You can only set the channel percentages and offsets individually, everything else (start/end times, ramp style and times, etc) are controller-wide.

ah OK, so I misinterpreted before.

so for multiple tanks with different settings (start/end times, etc.) multiple controllers are needed.

too bad, I was hoping this was more flexible. Still a great offer!

But the app can handle multiple controllers, right? or do I have to buy one extra Iphone for every controller :lol:

jedimasterben

ah OK, so I misinterpreted before.

so for multiple tanks with different settings (start/end times, etc.) multiple controllers are needed.

too bad, I was hoping this was more flexible. Still a great offer!

But the app can handle multiple controllers, right? or do I have to buy one extra Iphone for every controller :lol:

:lol:

You would have to make another account for the second controller. My reef Bluefish Mini account is jedimasterben with my normal email address, and my planted tank Bluefish username adds a p and uses +planted at the end of the email, as gmail reads the + as an alias of your normal email and it gets to your normal inbox just the same.

HarryPotter

Didn't see this was in the bluefish forum- I thought she meant aquarium controller like Apex or Digital Aquatics

Archived