Cultivated Reef

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Happy Birthday!!!

What fish did you get from Diver's Den? The files!?!??!?!

Thanks! I got a filefish lol. Among a few other things :ninja: All in all, I ordered eight fish, seven for the reef. :)

Happy biirthday!

Thanks ninja!

Happy birthday! Hope there are lots of fish and corals coming your way :)

Thanks john! Just a few fish :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Should have known better than to view this thread at work as my team walks by...but so worth it

You think that's bad? My coworker was talking about an anime and sent me this link to Imgur. http://imgur.com/gallery/J5sbp

Well, he is the network guy, so he has basically unfettered access, and apparently I'm supposed to have basically the same, being a technician and all, but I was categorized incorrectly so our web filter caught it and came up with the 'restricted' page that has the link at the top and the reason why it is blocked. Imgur is in the category of 'Adult oriented content' since you can upload nude photos and such. So I tell him that it's blocked, he fixes it and says to try now. So, I click his link from the filter's Restricted page since it was right there, and then I was brought to this (EXTREMELY NSFW): http://imgur.com/gallery/j5sbp

I was like 'well shit, no wonder it was blocked!' Then I realized it was because the filter's restricted page lists the entire URL in lowercase, whereas Imgur links are case sensitive. Oops, got to look at tits while at work. :D

jedimasterben

So got the fish order today from LA I ordered a pygmy filefish (direct from ORA), a scribbled rabbitfish from DD, a Talbot's damsel, an azure damsel, a bluestripe pipefish, a pink streaked wrasse, and a pair of harlequin sailfin mollies. The two damsels, pink streaked wrasse were all very tiny, but the filefish is REALLY tiny - little more than 1/2" long, to the point where I'm afraid the betta is going to eat it. Luckily it spent most of the afternoon grabbing on to the middle of my Grube's gorgonian, so it's been mostly hidden. The two mollies are meh. The male is decent looking, but the female (the only one I actually wanted) is hideous.

The worst part of the order is that LA literally sent me a pipefish that was missing half its damned tail. I emailed them about it and let them know that it is completely unacceptable, the thing can hardly swim.

26704242385_38b1bcd33d_o.jpg

jedimasterben

Pipefish died yesterday. I thought I'd lost the male molly, he was pressed against one of the powerheads last night, but this morning it was swimming around.

Pipefish died yesterday. I thought I'd lost the male molly, he was pressed against one of the powerheads last night, but this morning it was swimming around.

Well that's just too bad, I hoped he might pull through. Did they give you a refund since his tail was damaged?
jedimasterben

Well that's just too bad, I hoped he might pull through. Did they give you a refund since his tail was damaged?

They offered to reship one if anything happened or would refund me if I wanted, and they did without hassle.

Sorry about the pipefish. It always hurts some when an animal arrives in rough shape and then dies. I am glad that they are making it right without a hassle but nothing takes away the sadness of that happening.

jedimasterben

Yeah, LA has always been good about that, when Blue Zoo would have fought it. That's why I always go back to LA.

Working on getting the tank cleaned up a bit to get a new FTS with the good camera, so look forward to that soon, probably some time next week if most of the leathers in the tank are cooperating :)

Yeah, LA has always been good about that, when Blue Zoo would have fought it. That's why I always go back to LA.

Working on getting the tank cleaned up a bit to get a new FTS with the good camera, so look forward to that soon, probably some time next week if most of the leathers in the tank are cooperating :)

I've always had great experience with LA regarding refunds/reships too. I wouldn't buy a fish from any other online place.

jedimasterben

Finally decided to go ahead and take the light to fix one blue 3up LED star that wasn't working. Turns out there wasn't enough solder under one of the LEDs, so I put a tiny bit on the pads and reflowed it on. Now to wait the four hours or so for the thermal epoxy to cure lol.

jedimasterben

Got the light back over the tank now. Cleaned the outside glass with vinegar yesterday, cleaned the inside panels today, and epoxied a small rock to hold up the right rock structure a bit more on the left side of it.

I also took one of the big softies I got from DD a while back and cut the base and about an inch of flesh off of it, it was just too tall as is. I'm considering doing the same for my SPL sinularia and big green nepthea (which is shedding, so right now it is my small green nepthea lol). The actual small green nepthea I got, I think from ORA, I can't even remember now, shrunk up last week and noticed it was completely gone yesterday, so poop.

Overall, though, things are good. The fish I got from DD all look good, and both mollies survived the 'drop' acclimation and are doing pretty well in the high flow in the tank. I haven't really seen the pink streaked wrasse, but I knew going into it that it would be one of those 'see every week or two' kinda fish. Speaking of disappearing fish, I found part of a body of one of the anthias stuck to one of the powerheads today. I had expected it, since they were so skinny when I did see them, and have not seen them since that day.

teenyreef

My PSW hid all the time at first but now that he's bigger he comes out whenever he thinks there might be food :)

Sorry about the anthias :(

jedimasterben

My PSW hid all the time at first but now that he's bigger he comes out whenever he thinks there might be food :)

Sorry about the anthias :(

Hopefully mine does similar - right now it is TINY, 3/4-1", so just about everything is bigger than it is, so honestly I don't blame it for wanting to hide lol.

Are they soggy?

When and why did you decide to stop quarantining your fish ?

For the same reason you exchanged water with your reef from your QT :P

jedimasterben

FTS 5/1/2015

26668945102_293c183c58_o.jpg

26762384605_6c71f7dc07_o.jpg

26158906213_2921503fa7_o.jpg

26158908743_21efb6f008_o.jpg

26156909284_c632f2c193_o.jpg

26158913033_ff46d528cb_o.jpg

26489698180_0d07c2c3f6_o.jpg

26668939782_c3f2d48064_o.jpg

26762395735_42eeb60abf_o.jpg