ReefCleaners.org

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Got all the pocket holes drilled and the stand is like 90% together. I fudged up two boards that run lengthwise in the front so they're short by around 1/8", just enough that I can fudge it and it still looks sweet, but the plywood for the floor needs to have one corner shaved just a fuzz, gonna do that tomorrow. Then just fill in any gaps with wood filler, sand the bajeezus out of it, and then slap some paint on it!

Drilling the tank this weekend. I got the overflow in, 25' of 1" white FlexPVC, and around $50 worth of 1.25" PVC and fittings. Forgot I need a wood holesaw for the top of the stand, gonna have to get one.

Got all the pocket holes drilled and the stand is like 90% together. I fudged up two boards that run lengthwise in the front so they're short by around 1/8", just enough that I can fudge it and it still looks sweet, but the plywood for the floor needs to have one corner shaved just a fuzz, gonna do that tomorrow. Then just fill in any gaps with wood filler, sand the bajeezus out of it, and then slap some paint on it!

Drilling the tank this weekend. I got the overflow in, 25' of 1" white FlexPVC, and around $50 worth of 1.25" PVC and fittings. Forgot I need a wood holesaw for the top of the stand, gonna have to get one.

Very nice sir! Can't wait to see this complete. Hope the family is healthy and happy :)

Very nice sir! Can't wait to see this complete. Hope the family is healthy and happy :)

THIS! Since my hiatus I completely forgot you were a father-to-be. If you have had your babe, congrats buddy boy! And if not, it's good to see you sticking around even with the new addition of the baby. That was my issue for a while, super high maintenance child limits my fish tank time :P

25' ??? You putting the sump in your basement?

jedimasterben

Soon_15db89_2831712.jpg

THIS! Since my hiatus I completely forgot you were a father-to-be. If you have had your babe, congrats buddy boy! And if not, it's good to see you sticking around even with the new addition of the baby. That was my issue for a while, super high maintenance child limits my fish tank time :P

Yep, the munchkin child will arrive in the middle of September, so about a month! Still no name for her yet though :)

Soon_15db89_2831712.jpg

Yep, the munchkin child will arrive in the middle of September, so about a month! Still no name for her yet though :)

Whew! Very cool, I'm a September kid, so good luck :P Congrats buddy, they really are a blessing. Having all the nice stuff we all have aren't the real luxuries in life, spending time with your kids is. I'd give up everything for my boy, you'll never love anything like you love your kid!

jedimasterben

25' ??? You putting the sump in your basement?

While basements are pretty cool, I live in Florida lol, you dig down a foot and it fills with water :lol:

I have three drains and two returns. I won't use all 25' of it (or did I order 35'... Hmmm) but there were minimums. Still WAY less than buying it at Home Depot, bitches want almost $3.50 a foot!

Whew! Very cool, I'm a September kid, so good luck :P Congrats buddy, they really are a blessing. Having all the nice stuff we all have aren't the real luxuries in life, spending time with your kids is. I'd give up everything for my boy, you'll never love anything like you love your kid!

Thanks man! Yeah I'm really looking forward to her, still nervous, but I know it'll all be fine :)
jedimasterben

(sorry for the grainy pics, low light)

Drilled the tank last night. Four holes went smooth!

20150815_195129.jpg

The third hole (second from top) the drill got loose when I was starting the hole and made it look super pretty. I'm glad the overflow covers that whole part :lol:

20150815_202730.jpg

Stand is mostly done. Just a little bit of fill with silicone left in the pocket holes - the Kreg hole pins didn't fit for some reason.

20150816_223203.jpg

Still need to figure out what to do for doors/covers.

20150816_223216.jpg

Starboard is siliconed in place, no more detritus under it like in the 80!

20150816_223237.jpg

20150816_223249.jpg

Can you find the little clownfish? :)

20150816_223344%2525280%252529.jpg

jedimasterben

Overflow plumbing installed, eductors in place.

20150817_221525.jpg

Holes drilled.

20150817_221428.jpg

Return plumbing roughly laid out.

20150817_221514.jpg

20150817_232629.jpg

Still not sure if I should paint the side (where the plumbing is) of the tank. Gotta decide soon. Will be wet as soon as it gets plumbed and I can make enough water. :)

Also, Kate Upton, because Kate Upton.

hula%252520hoop.gif

jedimasterben

Looks good! Its making me laugh that in half the pics your feet are just like whats up. :P

What can I say, they kinda go with me wherever I go :D

Archived