SaltCritters.com

Bored with tank any suggestions

atrox

Tank isn't getting neglected, I still keep it up with it regularly, but that newness has worn off. Couldn't be happier with growth and look of the tank. It almost seems like another piece of furniture. What do you all do when the excitement wears off other than starting a new tank? It's a fully stocked self sufficient system with no issues.

Murphs_Reef

Is it not just that you don't have to do as much to it now? Not so much boredom but less hands on?

If you want to keep it active, add to it? Do you have a sump? Refugium? If not that's a bit of work..

I have this issue all the time. I enjoy building new setups. The cruise control part for me is hard. Just keep trying to better the tank.

Add acros ... never a dull moment. :)

Upgrade to a 180 gallon tank.

Start a second tank.

etc etc. Second tank does come in handy though, when I force myself to stop messing with one I can concentrate on the second.

I have this issue all the time. I enjoy building new setups. The cruise control part for me is hard. Just keep trying to better the tank.

You better not mess with that 34.... :D

Step by step

1. Go to a shady LFS *cough, cough, Petco* and buy some nasty aiptasia covered rock.

2. Proceed to add this to your tank.

3. Poke all the visible aiptasia with a needle while carelessly detaching and spreading at least 8 around your tank.

4. Continue tank care as normal for around a month.

Now you won't be bored because you can have the enjoyment of the hands on task of trying to clear out the aiptasia infestation.

Helpful hints, don't use berghia, or any other biological control methods, they are too effective and the task won't be as fun.

Archived