Coral Vue Hydros

Help me decide on first fish for 10G

Huffy

My tank has been running for a month now and I am trying to decide on my first fish. This is not my first saltwater tank, just as an FYI.

The 3 fish I am trying to decide between are:

1. Green Banded Goby

2. Clownfish

3. Tail Spotted Blenny

I am looking for a fish that is hardy and spends a little time in the water column. I plan on getting a Yasha goby once the tank has matured a little.

Which of these 3 fish do you think I should get, or do you have another idea? Thanks in advance for the advice.

My tank has been running for a month now and I am trying to decide on my first fish. This is not my first saltwater tank, just as an FYI.

The 3 fish I am trying to decide between are:

1. Green Banded Goby

2. Clownfish

3. Tail Spotted Blenny

I am looking for a fish that is hardy and spends a little time in the water column. I plan on getting a Yasha goby once the tank has matured a little.

Which of these 3 fish do you think I should get, or do you have another idea? Thanks in advance for the advice.

I would get a small Ocellaris clown. Ive never had a green banded goby or tail spot blenny but I believe they tend to stick to the rocks/sand most of the time. Ive also been told that a tail spot should be added to a more mature tank due to its diet.

I would get a small Ocellaris clown. Ive never had a green banded goby or tail spot blenny but I believe they tend to stick to the rocks/sand most of the time. Ive also been told that a tail spot should be added to a more mature tank due to its diet.

Any reason to get a Ocellaris instead of a True perc?

Any reason to get a Ocellaris instead of a True perc?

I believe the oc. is slightly smaller and less aggressive, which would be better for your size tank imo.

I have a small clown and a tailspot blenny in my 8.6 gallon. While the blenny does like to hang out in the holes of the rock, like an eel would, if my face isn't up to the glass he is out all over the tank eating any algae he can find on the back wall or the rocks. He has tons of personality, like clowns do, and they go great together. Seeing him resting at night "lying" on the rock is pretty awesome, too.

I believe the oc. is slightly smaller and less aggressive, which would be better for your size tank imo.

Perfect! Thanks for the info.

I have a small clown and a tailspot blenny in my 8.6 gallon. While the blenny does like to hang out in the holes of the rock, like an eel would, if my face isn't up to the glass he is out all over the tank eating any algae he can find on the back wall or the rocks. He has tons of personality, like clowns do, and they go great together. Seeing him resting at night "lying" on the rock is pretty awesome, too.

Awesome! I definitely want something personality. I think for the first fish I will get a clown and then maybe in a few weeks I will get the blenny.

Do you have a tank build, would love to see the two fish together?

Perfect! Thanks for the info.

Awesome! I definitely want something personality. I think for the first fish I will get a clown and then maybe in a few weeks I will get the blenny.

Do you have a tank build, would love to see the two fish together?

I have a recent cell phone pic of both of them out. C2lGvr.jpg

I have a recent cell phone pic of both of them out. C2lGvr.jpg

Nice!

Mother nature had other plans for me today. Our neighborhood is so flooded, no way I can get to the LFS today and they are close tomorrow. So it seems I will be going another week fishless.

Thanks for posting the pic!

outerorbiter

Since you have time :) if you want your first fish to be active in the open areas get the clown. If the lfs has tank raised go for that one imo.

Archived