Pod Your Reef

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated first post with this picture E6A5188A-2F1F-4B18-9F96-864F69F64FE4.jpg

Finally got a pic of the monti that didn't look like crap1C3EA2B9-6F04-488E-8598-CB9FC361C1DE.jpg

Good looking patback! Aweome!

I'm suprised you aren't running the mp10 long ways for better flow through the rock

Good looking patback! Aweome! I'm suprised you aren't running the mp10 long ways for better flow through the rock

Thanks! The bow front helps it distribute well. If it was length wise it would be a pretty steady flow. I'm trying to create an area of high medium and low flow for different corals.

Thanks! The bow front helps it distribute well. If it was length wise it would be a pretty steady flow. I'm trying to create an area of high medium and low flow for different corals.

how the hell do you think you'll fit a second MP10 in there??? :P

:D

Mp10 is on the 2nd led on reef rest mode. I would put the second one behind the left side rock work and run them both at the lowest setting. :). Lol I atleast wanted to try it.

:D

Mp10 is on the 2nd led on reef rest mode. I would put the second one behind the left side rock work and run them both at the lowest setting. :). Lol I atleast wanted to try it.

You're so funny. Why not??? You definitely wouldn't have any dead spots in there :) Although water may just come shooting out of the top :lol:

That makes sense I forgot it was a bow front :P

He will be fine I have 2 mp10s a jebao rw4 and a 1.5 sicce return in the tweaker

;)

That makes sense I forgot it was a bow front :P

He will be fine I have 2 mp10s a jebao rw4 and a 1.5 sicce return in the tweaker

;)

:lol: I got a sicce 0.5 for the 12 long and have an RW4. But the sicce adds so much flow that I think the RW4 will be overkill :)

:lol: I got a sicce 0.5 for the 12 long and have an RW4. But the sicce adds so much flow that I think the RW4 will be overkill :)

Sicce are nice,I got mine from hillbilly, mines not at its full flow though as it runs through a Hydor water deflector

i tried a jebao on my 12 l and it was like a hurricane passed over my tank. Switched it to the 2 mp10s and sold the jebao after like 3 days.

Sicce are nice,I got mine from hillbilly, mines not at its full flow though as it runs through a Hydor water deflector

i see it all the time on here.... What is a sicce?

i tried a jebao on my 12 l and it was like a hurricane passed over my tank. Switched it to the 2 mp10s and sold the jebao after like 3 days.

i see it all the time on here.... What is a sicce?

just a brand of pump. I love it. Wish I got the 1.5 for my Biocube instead of the MJ1200. Super quiet.

just a brand of pump. I love it. Wish I got the 1.5 for my Biocube instead of the MJ1200. Super quiet.

Truth stellablue preach it sister!

I really love the price on mine too ;)

Thanks tibbs! It feel good to be back. I just made some fresh water to do a wc in a few days and just opening the salt bucket brought back some good memories. Lol. Nothing better than the smell of fresh salt.

Thanks tibbs! It feel good to be back. I just made some fresh water to do a wc in a few days and just opening the salt bucket brought back some good memories. Lol. Nothing better than the smell of fresh salt.

It's a nice feeling for sure.

wait, are you selling one?

No no lol hillbilly hooked me up with mine I liked the price I got it for

Seriously how are you fitting a mp10 in there ahahha and you are thinking of another! dang i am intrigued!

Seriously how are you fitting a mp10 in there ahahha and you are thinking of another! dang i am intrigued!

haha, I was looking at my rock work and I do t think it'll work. Just not enough space behind it to be useful.

My thinking is, hey, I've got it already. Might as well use it. In my other tanks, 2 points of water flow that were slightly weaker were better than 1 point of origin with stronger flow. I guess it wouldn't make that much of a difference in such a small tank anyway.

haha, I was looking at my rock work and I do t think it'll work. Just not enough space behind it to be useful.

My thinking is, hey, I've got it already. Might as well use it. In my other tanks, 2 points of water flow that were slightly weaker were better than 1 point of origin with stronger flow. I guess it wouldn't make that much of a difference in such a small tank anyway.

OVERKILL IT :D
HarryPotter

" post="5093575" timestamp="1438121465"]

i think 1 mp10 in a nano tank like yours would provdie amazing flow as is.

Naa.. You definitely need two MP10s each on 80% ReefCrest mode to pick up ANY detritus :lol:omgomgomg

" post="5093575" timestamp="1438121465"]

i think 1 mp10 in a nano tank like yours would provdie amazing flow as is.

Naa.. You definitely need two MP10s each on 80% ReefCrest mode to pick up ANY detritus :lol:omgomgomg

80% might as well make it 100% on short pulse and make a TSUNAMI in that tank.

Out of curiosity which salt do you all use? I've always used reef crystals but not sure if I want to try something else.

I use Red Sea coral pro but will be switching to the Red Sea blue bucket becuz the alk and such is really high in the RSCP. It was great when I was just relying on water changes to replenish ca, alk, etc but now that I'm dosing, WCs throw off my ca and alk.

Archived