Top Shelf Aquatics

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's beautiful!

Thank you. I never wold have bought one due to the low success rate of it lasting over 6 months but at half the price and doubke the size of my other gorgs, I had to!

2 ecru sting montis, birdsnest, and 1 of the 2 hammers still look like hammered shit but have not declined at all. Not sure what it's all about. It honestly coincides with the peppermint being added...maybe it's harassing them. Idk.

Anyway.... here's the mushroom rock and new goni in its permanent place.

20160720_173658_zps5qc6tlhq.jpg

Apparently photobucket doesn't resize your pictures, it just straight up crops out the main focal point. POS.

Scooped up some zoas, red mushroom with yellow rim, and a bumblebee shrimp. Shitty hammer seems to actually be doing a little better since adding more flow.

That's a great shot!

I think the tank is looking great!

Thank you Stella. It means alot. I'm waiting for the montis to color back up and get a FTS. It is much fuller now. I think this may be one of the best tanks I have ever kept, which doesn't say much in actuality.

Thank you Stella. It means alot. I'm waiting for the montis to color back up and get a FTS. It is much fuller now. I think this may be one of the best tanks I have ever kept, which doesn't say much in actuality.

You're not giving yourself enough credit!! I have gorgs for you when it gets cooler :) or when Jeff is heading to li and can drop them off!

You're not giving yourself enough credit!! I have gorgs for you when it gets cooler :) or when Jeff is heading to li and can drop them off!

your jawbreaker is sitting right next to the yoni masseuse masters. :)

your jawbreaker is sitting right next to the yoni masseuse masters. :)

:lol: don't for get the reverend yoni masseuse master!

Thanks you guys. :)

Your jawbreaker shrooms still getting more and more red?

I'm getting very small slithers of red coming through sporadically. I had a green patch show up on the oldest one but I honestle think it just up and turned back to yellow. :lol:

Your eyes do not decieve, this tank is crooked as ####.

20160725_163354_zpsc4ssnl8j.jpg

As you can see, cyanobacteria is much better under control but I am going to try running some carbon passively. Certain pieces are looking very crappy non stop and others close insanely tight for a couple of hours randomly and open. Back up to normal.

You can see here, the montis still haven't colored back up and birdsnest still hasn't extended polyps. And as a bonus, there is the anenome shrimp. Still no good pics of the bumblebee.

20160725_163408_zpsqxxxwpfn.jpg

Birds as a comparison shot.

P1020473_zpsnqnajdot.jpg

didn't want to turn off the powerheads and interupt the blenny but I find this funny. One night I left the new powerhead off and she decided to call the inside home. I learned to always check before turning them back on after a few mishaps, and now she sleeps on top of it after hanging out in holes on the rock all day long.

I have a barnacle cluster i want to cut a chunk off of to place somewhere for her.

20160725_184548_zpsztue0slc.jpg

Erin makes me stay up with her and I end up getting like 5 hours a night and I'm dragging a couple of hours after I get off.

Yeah. It usually takes me a couple hours to get going again after I get off too. You should keep her around.

Ohh. And Jesus, that's a shit load of flow in a little tank. No filter? I like your style.

Yeah. It usually takes me a couple hours to get going again after I get off too. You should keep her around.Ohh. And Jesus, that's a shit load of flow in a little tank. No filter? I like your style.

I actually just put a filter on like, 15 minutes ago. :lol: I wanted a carbon reactor bUT have no place for a pump, so I put an ac20 on the back to passively run some. I think corals are getting a little too close for comfort in here and pissing eachother off. Now there is a metric buttload of flow. :)

In other news, the only noteworthy stuff going on is that one of the pom poms now has a ricordea boxing glove.

• 6 months later...

Archived