SaltCritters.com

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great little pico! Enjoying the tank?

-Dave

Im loving this tank! Probably my most enjoyed tank so far in the hobby, and the equipment is a good reason why. :)

Great little pico! Enjoying the tank?

-Dave

Just want to point out that your light is changing what was poop brown into a neon green poop brown. Almost all the tendrils are now bright fluorescent green and the face is starting to get some also.

FB14857A-03DB-48EA-9D72-F78E9D3C9192.jpg

One quick question though... Once in a blue moon my light flickers on and off for a quick second. Is this an issue with the light or bluefish mini, or is a power surge more likely?

On vacation for the next week and a half and still have 40 hours of vacation time to play with after the fact. :). I will be hunting down sexy shrimp and porcelain crabs.

jedimasterben

One quick question though... Once in a blue moon my light flickers on and off for a quick second. Is this an issue with the light or bluefish mini, or is a power surge more likely?

More than likely your internet dropped connection at some point and the BF is resyncing. :)

Have fun! I love the new zoas, by the way. I've ordered from Glenn too and was very happy with the acans I got :)

I love his stuff! Post up some pictures of what you got, I have some more coming from him soon.

More than likely your internet dropped connection at some point and the BF is resyncing. :)

Thanks. :)

I love his stuff! Post up some pictures of what you got, I have some more coming from him soon.

Thanks. :)

+1 for Glenn- I've done two orders through him and was thrilled both times. 2 anemones, yumas, zoas, and more!

The first time I ordered an anemone and shrooms, the mushrooms they were mostly DOA. Glenn not only refunded me on them but also threw in some awesome freebies the next time I ordered.

+1 for Glenn- I've done two orders through him and was thrilled both times. 2 anemones, yumas, zoas, and more!

The first time I ordered an anemone and shrooms, the mushrooms they were mostly DOA. Glenn not only refunded me on them but also threw in some awesome freebies the next time I ordered.

He is great that way. I had a similar story a while ago with a Duncan. It wasn't even a doa, just didn't last long in my tank and he took care of me without me even asking for it.

On vacation for the next week and a half and still have 40 hours of vacation time to play with after the fact. :). I will be hunting down sexy shrimp and porcelain crabs.

Nice! I hope you found some! I just got two porcelain crabs - one for each tank. I still have like three weeks to use before September 30th - it ain't gonna happen. I have to plan better next year!

Nice! I hope you found some! I just got two porcelain crabs - one for each tank. I still have like three weeks to use before September 30th - it ain't gonna happen. I have to plan better next year!

Porcelains are another favorite of mine. I like inverts so much more than fish. I ended up never going today and just did a deep cleaning on my car instead. Still need to armor all and wash the outside though:(. I bumped my blues up a bit, my intense purple acro started to turn reddish brown and next to the Goni/alvi or whatever it is and the zoas with orange skirts, it's bit too "earthy" on that rock for my liking.

one of the acro crabs moved over to the monti. guess its starting to get "branchy" enough for his liking. about to feed the tank some frozen food and do a water change.

What's it lacking....color, PE, growth?

All three actually. :D. Pe was never amazing. Color is washed out from having the lights too low, and it has absolutely no growth since I put it in.

All three actually. :D. Pe was never amazing. Color is washed out from having the lights too low, and it has absolutely no growth since I put it in.

Oh......so it's a SPS.

Exactly. I'm convinced montis are the only things I can keep colorful(ish) and with good pe. Jesus Christ, I do 99% water changes and still my water quality isn't good enough for them.

Exactly. I'm convinced montis are the only things I can keep colorful(ish) and with good pe. Jesus Christ, I do 99% water changes and still my water quality isn't good enough for them.

Just like your attraction to young, high maintenance ladies. Same difference. They're never content.

Still no sexy shrimp! :angry:

Did get a small shriveling Zoa frag and some candy canes for 13 bucks. But still, give me a ####ing sexy shrimp already!

Archived