Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Any new 40-50 gallons long tank coming soon?

ninjamyst

All the tanks on your site that are between 40 and 65 gallons are cubes. The only exception is the Versa 42, but even that is pretty short for a 42 gallon tank. Are there any plans to introduce longer tanks in the upcoming months?

bdevillier19

They can make anything custom for reasonable price. There coming out with the aio tanks too.

:lol: yeah but before you can get a custom tank made you first have to get them to respond to your request for a quote. lol. i emailed 3 times, and called twice and never once received a response. went somewhere else for my tank. any company that cannot respond to someones request to spend money isnt a place i want to deal with.

artisans with standard plumbing would be nice

They do come with standard size plumbing now... but even with it... is the worst aspect of the package. If I were to start over... the plumbing is the first thing to go.

Nanofreak79

:lol: yeah but before you can get a custom tank made you first have to get them to respond to your request for a quote. lol. i emailed 3 times, and called twice and never once received a response. went somewhere else for my tank. any company that cannot respond to someones request to spend money isnt a place i want to deal with.

Weird? I either always catch them on the phone or with a VM and call back and return emails within the next day. I think there CS had gotten a lot better since just a few years ago, where I agree it was hard or next to impossible to get an answer or part.

bdevillier19

Weird? I either always catch them on the phone or with a VM and call back and return emails within the next day. I think there CS had gotten a lot better since just a few years ago, where I agree it was hard or next to impossible to get an answer or part.

unfortunately this was within the last year.oh well, their loss.

They do come with standard size plumbing now... but even with it... is the worst aspect of the package. If I were to start over... the plumbing is the first thing to go.

I was just told artisans still use SCH60. And they are still hard to size with what we have in the states.

Hi, Steve

Thanks for the update and glad we were able to help you and know everything is working out great. the shots of your tank are beautiful.

Plumbing update for the Aquariums:

The Versa is designed to use standard SCH40 PVC fittings and all the parts are compatible with all SCH40 sizes widely available in most plumbing stores. The Versa allows more freedom of customizing and altering, so that's one of the reasons why we made it with SCH40.

The Artisan aquariums a few months back had a Black plastic fitting that had given us some issues as it is of a softer plastic. since last month, we have switched back over to a much higher density plastic which is much more durable and reliable. we typically use a very high density professional uPVC fitting which are Grey just like the SCH80. the SCH80 are a bit thicker, but typically isn't necessary for any tank that is less than 300G. the Grey uPVC fittings we use are thicker than SCH40 or stocked aquarium fittings normally found in aquarium stores. the SCH (Schedule rating) is typically used to measure the thickness of the walls, and based on how much pressure is needed to run the system, that's how you choose the correct SCH (thickness) to use.

uPVC plumbing also stands up better to corrosion and temperature changes. for us, we choose the uPVC fitting parts due to these features as well as they save 20% of space in our overflows.

lots of people have been asking us to make a tutorial video on how to install the plumbing. we are looking into making that and hopefully can help all of our customers better.

Thanks so much and any assistance you guys need, feel free to PM me

Scott

The SCH60 upvc is "hard" to match up with standard size plumbing. It can be done, it's just annoying.

I was just told artisans still use SCH60. And they are still hard to size with what we have in the states.

I have an Artisan with custom American standard plumbing. CAD can customize for you.

I have an Artisan with custom American standard plumbing. CAD can customize for you.

Thanks Kat, probably the way I'll go when I upgrade to a 100g. Wish I knew before I got the 50g. How much extra did they charge or was it a everyone loves Kat special?

It wasn't too hard to change it over. Some one inch bulk heads fit the main drain but the emergency and return was a lot of trail and error.

Oh that maybe true... I meant standard as in not metric how they used to be.

Upvc or rigid pvc still has different diameters. So if you wanted to plumb like a gate valve, you gotta try different adapters or use barbed fittings.

Thanks Kat, probably the way I'll go when I upgrade to a 100g. Wish I knew before I got the 50g. How much extra did they charge or was it a everyone loves Kat special?

It wasn't too hard to change it over. Some one inch bulk heads fit the main drain but the emergency and return was a lot of trail and error.

I'm pretty sure I paid rack rate, the we love Kat special was in the prompt service I got.

thats an interesting topic. our sizes and dimensions are all based on the popularity of the custom sizes that are requested. the Artisans are all derived from the most popular and effective dimensions for a reef tank and general fish aquariums.

the Versa was made with a combination of the most effective sizes for reef, fish and freshwater.

one thing we are playing around with is to make an adapter that can convert the heavy duty uPVC to the SCH40.

Wondering what dimensions are you guys thinking about?

Thanks

Scott

HarryPotter

thats an interesting topic. our sizes and dimensions are all based on the popularity of the custom sizes that are requested. the Artisans are all derived from the most popular and effective dimensions for a reef tank and general fish aquariums.

the Versa was made with a combination of the most effective sizes for reef, fish and freshwater.

one thing we are playing around with is to make an adapter that can convert the heavy duty uPVC to the SCH40.

Wondering what dimensions are you guys thinking about?

Thanks

Scott

36x24x14 sounds pretty awesome! Gorgeous shallow reef :)

My CAD Artisan II is a 50 long and

I FREAKING LOVE IT!

36X18X18

THIS! I would love this tank.

36x24x14 sounds pretty awesome! Gorgeous shallow reef :)

This too!

Since CADLights doesnt have any long tank under 50g, I will have to settle on a Deep Blue 36 x 18 x 12 soon.

Mr. Microscope

Been thinking about building a 36 x 24 x 15 or 16 myself. Got the glass priced out and everything.

we used to have our 45G Shallow reef system which was 36 x 24 x 12 with a 1:2:3 ratio proportion. we had to temporarily stop its production for the new cabinets. if anyone that just received a Versa series in the last 3 weeks will see these new cabinets which is made much stronger using a new available technology that offers a Polished gloss and water proof finish.

our 70G is made as a hybrid of both a regular sized reef aquarium and a Shallow reef using a ratio proportion of 1.5 : 2: 3.

Kat:

Yes, I remember, we actually loved the 50G Artisan Long, but had to stop its production to make way for the 70G and 68G Versa models.

we used to have our 45G Shallow reef system which was 36 x 24 x 12 with a 1:2:3 ratio proportion. we had to temporarily stop its production for the new cabinets. if anyone that just received a Versa series in the last 3 weeks will see these new cabinets which is made much stronger using a new available technology that offers a Polished gloss and water proof finish.

our 70G is made as a hybrid of both a regular sized reef aquarium and a Shallow reef using a ratio proportion of 1.5 : 2: 3.

Kat:

Yes, I remember, we actually loved the 50G Artisan Long, but had to stop its production to make way for the 70G and 68G Versa models.

So are there any plans to bring back 45G and 50G Artisan Long???

Hi, Ninjamyst

Currently no, as those 2 sizes are too close to the available sizes right now.

Thanks

Scott

HarryPotter

Hi, Ninjamyst

Currently no, as those 2 sizes are too close to the available sizes right now.

Thanks

Scott

What tank would be closest to 48x24x16?

Not in the market, but those dimensions would be pretty f****** amazing!

Archived