ReefCleaners.org

JBJ Rimless Owners Thread

NanoGeek

I'm starting to see a bunch of these tanks come up here on NR, so I figured why not have a thread for all of us to share pictures, ask questions, and get advice about our tanks. Here is the latest picture of my RL-45 as of yesterday. I have patiently waited for the cycle to end, and have added a few critters, but today I think I'm going to pick up a few frags.

20150723_220500.jpg

Lets get all of these tanks in one thread!

JbJ RL-45

JbJ stand

Stock return pump with spinstream nozzles

AI Hydra 26 light

BRS Screen top

JbJ Ato

Avast Marine diaphram pump for Ato

InTank Media Baskets

Chemipure Blue, floss, live rock in sump

Jebao RW-4 powerheads

JbJ Truetemp Heater

Cadlights Pls-50 skimmer

Innovative Marine Minimax desktop reactor

Live Sand

Scape built from Marco dry Rock

2 clownfish

red banded goby

Pistol shrimp

Peppermint shrimp

and various cuc

HarryPotter

Probably could call this the JBJ Rimless Owners thread

D1B306AE-5CEE-424F-BE51-F9E9F2B8A632_zps

Equipment:

Radion XR30w PRO
Radion RMS mount
Vortech MP40w QuietDrive
BRS Single Reactor (ROX Carbon and GFO) Innovative Marine Desktop Reactor
2x Intank Media Baskets
1x Intank Refugium Basket
1x Refugium Light

Cad-Lights PLS-50 Elite Skimmer (Best one around IMO)
Tunze Osmulator Auto-Top-Off
Jebao Doser
Live-Aragonite Sand
ReefCleaners Rock

Flipper Cleaner Magnet

HarryPotter

Oh and the best cleaner for the tank is definitely the Flipper Magnet. Its incredible- doesn't scratch at all, yet can get off Coraline in one swoop. Love it!

Great Idea!

My JBJ Nano 30RL

DSC_0021.jpg

-JBJ Pacifica 108w LED (for sale)

-stock pumps

-(2) InTank Media baskets

-Tunze Nano Osmolator

-Live Sand/Live Rock

Parts Aquired not yet installed:

-JBJ Sk45 protien skimmer

-Radion XR30w Pro

-MP10 VorTechQuiet Drive

-ReefLink

HarryPotter

Thanks NanoGeek. Rms mount will be here Monday!

Blaceeee- the SK-45 Skimmer is no good. Any chance you can return it for a nice HOB or PLS-50 Elite?

Blaceeee- the SK-45 Skimmer is no good. Any chance you can return it for a nice HOB or PLS-50 Elite?

Not sure... What's been the issue with them?

HarryPotter

Not sure... What's been the issue with them?

Well you can look online for most of them, but for me it was just thin plastic, weak pump, and no bubble trap. I sold mine before even putting it into the tank.

Its possible that it works well though, its just most people that I've heard used it upgraded to the PLS-50/Elite

Plus the PLS-50 Elite is only $135, not much more than the SK

HarryPotter

Does anybody have the frag tank?

I'm currently attempting to convince JBJ to send me that for free so I can review it lol- but no. I saw it in person at RAP and it was great!

HarryPotter

I am on the fence about getting one. So many cool zoas, so little room in my display... Lol

It's pretty cool! Yeah if I was going to get it I would have it right behind the RL-45 and plumb them together using an overflow box. Would be pretty awesome!

Here a full tank shot of mine.

Been running about 10 weeks.

Heater blew yesterday, set me back a bit and killed several things!!!

post-48742-0-69544300-1437845370_thumb.jpg

post-48742-0-42929500-1437845408_thumb.jpg

It's pretty cool! Yeah if I was going to get it I would have it right behind the RL-45 and plumb them together using an overflow box. Would be pretty awesome!

I have been wanting a jbj frag tank for a while now. I think your onto something harry. I would put them side by side, but plumbing them together would be awesome and give more tank volume

HarryPotter

Is there a "fill line" or max level for the pump section of the Jbj nanos?

The best level is about 1" over the baffles. If it's over that you will have too much sitting water! You should be able to see the water flowing from the mini compartment into the return compartment

I have been wanting a jbj frag tank for a while now. I think your onto something harry. I would put them side by side, but plumbing them together would be awesome and give more tank volume

Right but if we would be plumbing, we may as well get an Advanced Acrylics frag tank for 1/3 of the price and ditch the AIO

So you guys are going to have a frag tank plumbed to the 45?

Thats the whole thought process and sounds like a great idea, but would probably be a while before I would do it. Main reason is I dont have any frags yet lol, and thats the key concept.

Makes sense. Would you drill to plumb though or use an over flow? Sounds kind of spend after everything is done for a frag tank. Personally I have no use. Not much frag trading where I live :)

Archived