Top Shelf Aquatics

Docs Eco Super Eggs

PDR

Anyone else use Docs Eco Super Eggs? If so, is it supposed to smell absolutely awful? I just want to make sure they aren't bad or going bad. They are about 2 weeks old (after opening) and have been refrigerated since opening.

So I decided to contact Doc's eco systems to ask about the smell. I contacted them the morning of the 25th (Saturday) and they responded the same day with a request for me to call them. I called and was immediately answered by who sent the email. Long story short the smell is not normal and seemed to be something they hadn't encountered before. They were apologetic and for my trouble sent me a new bottle of super eco eggs along with a free bottle of copepods and phyto. They even included a hand written note in the shipment.

Needless to say I am very impressed with this company and highly recommend them!

hmm, I bought some from BRS and it has a terrible smell as well. Did they say what the cause of the smell is?

No, but I purchased mine from BRS as well. They seemed to think it had to do with possibly getting too hot. They new eggs I got directly from them barely have any odor at all. But this was a truly terrible smell, like stunk up the whole house after using.

No, but I purchased mine from BRS as well. They seemed to think it had to do with possibly getting too hot. They new eggs I got directly from them barely have any odor at all. But this was a truly terrible smell, like stunk up the whole house after using.

I've fed my fish with it a few times and they don't seem to mind but it has a serious stank so I haven't used it much. It was shipped with UPS ground so it had plenty of time to brew while on the way to california.

Archived