ReefCleaners.org

Fusion 40 - Dual Fuge?

NYfishies

Hi all,

Without getting into too much detail as it is terribly late as I type this post I would love your input on my thought.

I have a Fusion 40 which is nearly 1 year old and flourishing. I also have a Zoa garden which I watch the Phos level on regularly.

Today I decided to test my Fusion 40 for Phos and it came back as 0.145 ppm! I tested twice and that is the average. It has always been 0 ppm.

I have recently implemented a similar feeding pattern for my Fusion 40 as I do for my Zoa garden. I feed a mix of Reef Roids, Reef Chili, Phyco Pure and Acro Power every 3rd day. Less frequent than I feed my garden (0.06 ppm Phos). I do run a skimmer in the Fusion as well as Chemipure Blue. Both chambers utilze filter floss from inTank. No skimmer on the garden and only a BRS mini reactor running 0.8 ROX Carbon (I think is too much) and GFO.

My idea is to use BOTH chambers as a Fuge growing Cheato in the Fusion. At the moment I am only using the right chamber as a fuge and the other as my carbon/gfo filtration. Then, I add a mini reactor from BRS using Carbon/GFO and I lose the Chemipure blue.

I would be left with both chambers of my Fusion being used as fuge's to export nutrient and inhabbit pods. I would have a BRS mini reactor running the Carbon/GFO mix to clean the water and the skimmer to do the rest.

Sounds good to me - your thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

I personally own a mini 38 and i have not been able to use the back chambers to grow chaeto (even with one of those inTank baskets) as it breaks appart and ends up all over my display. With Dragons breath i brought my refugium to the DT! It helps with the nutrient export, grows like hell and looks pretty. but i do love the idea of dual fuge.

Archived