Innovative Marine Aquariums

Picky eating clowns

dragonxflare

dragonxflare

I recently picked up some baby Picasso clowns, about 1-1.5 inches (Roughly 5 months old), and boy are they picky eaters!

Some reason, they only eat Cyclopeeze at the moment. The breeder I purchased them from was feeding them tdo chroma boost, but I am finding it difficult on purchasing this locally, or even on their site. I went ahead and purchased .5 mm Pellets Dry Hatchery Diet from BRS, and hopefully get them to eat this as well.

Any thoughts? Should I start dosing garlic? Maybe their mouths are too small, and cant eat anything bigger at the moment?

fishfreak0114

You could try soaking their food in garlic, I didn't have much luck with it but you may. You could try some frozen bloodworms, my clowns love them.

Mr. Microscope

If they eat cyclope-eze, just mix in the pellets with the it and eventually they'll make the transition.

dragonxflare

Thanks, I ordered some garlic, and started to mix crushed up pellets with cyclope-eze. Lets hope they eat that

outerorbiter

My past and current were picky for about a week. Then they will eat anything that fits in their mouth. But they will still pick at bigger stuff even my hand

dragonxflare

If they eat cyclope-eze, just mix in the pellets with the it and eventually they'll make the transition.

Thanks. I think he might be too small to eat pellets, so imma start to crush them with the cyclope-eze and hope for the best.

HarryPotter

Thanks. I think he might be too small to eat pellets, so imma start to crush them with the cyclope-eze and hope for the best.

Why not flakes?

When I get new fish I feed them flakes with a bit of Garlic in them and Mysis with some garlic

dragonxflare

Why not flakes?

When I get new fish I feed them flakes with a bit of Garlic in them and Mysis with some garlic

I can def. try this :) I believe Cyclope-eze makes a flake food as well, so that would work.

What flakes do you use? Spectrum? Cyclope?

HarryPotter

I can def. try this :) I believe Cyclope-eze makes a flake food as well, so that would work.

What flakes do you use? Spectrum? Cyclope?

Um... I buy Spirulina flakes in bulk 7b bags. Dunno what brand, they're from the local aquaculture facility.

(Large 7lbs bags since I also ONLY feed my cichlids this)

12_egg_Omelette

Man just keep feeding them cyclopeeze that stuff is great and a frozen tray will last us with bank tanks forever. Maybe throw some live brine shrimp in there. I bought some frozen food made from scratch from a local lady and I have never seen a more positive feeding response ever. I can give you her contact info if you want. It's pretty cheap too.

Archived