Pod Your Reef

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

That looks like better entertainment then playing haha.

Have to admit the PSVR is a lot more fun than we expected, and I am not just saying that because I work at PlayStation lol. My wife plays it more than me and said I have to buy every game haha. There is a game called rush of blood and its a zombie roller coaster shooting game and it causes my wife to legit scream.

• Like 3

Such awesome tanks you have! So accurate and perfect!

Which salt powder do you use for your natural reef (or, may be, seawater)? Do you use tests?

Thank you! I used to use Reef Crystals, but haven't done a water change in many, many months. I do not test the water, just eye checks on glass algae build up and overall looks of the tank.

Every month I will feed the tank a ton for a week, including increased lighting which is then followed by a 2-3 day light black out (mangrove light always stays on, nanobox hybrid goes off). I have found this is extremely effective in increasing growth and the blackout then reduces the bad algae build up afterwards. This method might just be all a mental thing, but I think it works haha.

• Like 2

Is it a total blackout (covered tank?)

My hopes of low micro algae aren't really working, so probably need a phosphate reactor :(

No, just the hybrid light goes off. Still natural light and the mangrove light on the tank.

Sooo ya work at PlayStation eh?... haha jk but the tank is looking good. Does the VR make you sick?

Haven't had any issues. Feel it a little bit playing rush of blood, but that's because it is a roller coaster and roller coasters make me sick in real life anyway lol

• Like 1

That teeny tiny itty bitty clownfish!! :wub:

I was so worried at first that it wouldn't last and get beat up by the much larger adult clown, but so far everyone is getting along.

• Like 1

Hi Brad. Love your macro tank and am considering moving to something similar from my current mixed reef. Could I ask, what species of macro is that growing in the sand bed along the front of your tank? It almost creates a carpeting effect. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Brad. Love your macro tank and am considering moving to something similar from my current mixed reef. Could I ask, what species of macro is that growing in the sand bed along the front of your tank? It almost creates a carpeting effect. Thanks.

It is halimeda opuntia

Interesting... looks great! Have been trying to find something that will grow low across my sand bed. Am going to try for a saltwater Iwagumi style tank. Lets see how successful I am. Caulerpa Brachypus might also be an option from what I see online... but I can't find it for sale anywhere.

Didn't actually realize the Halimeda would grow just in the sand. Did you first attach it to a rock? Or just insert it into the sand? Thanks.

• Like 1

Interesting... looks great! Have been trying to find something that will grow low across my sand bed. Am going to try for a saltwater Iwagumi style tank. Lets see how successful I am. Caulerpa Brachypus might also be an option from what I see online... but I can't find it for sale anywhere.

Didn't actually realize the Halimeda would grow just in the sand. Did you first attach it to a rock? Or just insert it into the sand? Thanks.

It is just sitting on the sand. Grows out and up.

Natural light this morning

05AA8549-87E6-471E-A0FF-6E208094B612_zps

6E800E69-432A-436E-8AD7-42222B672BFC_zps

353D9125-637F-4E75-8F91-91A573F223EF_zps

BDDAED49-B52F-4C38-AF14-F50871FC0875_zps

• Like 15

Went to the lfs for some FW fish and they had this nice mandarin. I've always wanted one and think this tank will be able to support one.

3CECA1A9-4066-4DCF-ABF6-CA8D97B62047_zps

He will do great in a tank like yours

• Like 1

Went to the lfs for some FW fish and they had this nice mandarin. I've always wanted one and think this tank will be able to support one.

3CECA1A9-4066-4DCF-ABF6-CA8D97B62047_zps

It's official. I'll just live vicariously through you.

Look at the little dude!! :wub:

or lady

• Like 2