Pod Your Reef

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

Is there any type of clear sticky spray that I can use for the sand to stick to the black foam?

I've started with super glue, but it is taking a while and using a lot of super glue.

Can't you use a cement mix? Although it would need a lot of curing time in water to stop leaching.

Is there any type of clear sticky spray that I can use for the sand to stick to the black foam?

I've started with super glue, but it is taking a while and using a lot of super glue.

Are you trying to cover up the foam bubbles? You could always just cut the bubbles off and shape them as a smooth transition to and from each individual rock.

You could just use aquarium silicone and sprinkle sand on it. Might be easier than superglue

That is basically the same as super glue. Squeezing a tube over the black foam.

I was hoping for something really quick, but will keep going with the glue.

That is basically the same as super glue. Squeezing a tube over the black foam.

I was hoping for something really quick, but will keep going with the glue.

Im trying to think of some sort of spray or sponge applied glue, but none comes to mind. Good Luck!

Well with the silicone plan you could squirt it all over where you wanted it, then dab it about/spread it evenly with a sponge or large paint brush, then throw your sand at it..........

Why don't you just toss sand on the foam before it dries? That's what I did when I built the waterfall feature of the backyard pond. You can stick rocks into it, then mush sand around it before it dries.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the hard stuff done yesterday, brainstorming and measuring. Today I will build the stand for the tank and TV equipment, finish refacing the entire stand, the concrete top, and painting.

0DB522FA-1CF8-4310-84EE-4096B35F98FF_zps

• Like 1

I've always like ge 6500k x2 a 3k ge then like an ati Blue+. At least that's what I use for a 4 bulb combo

Thanks. Dave sent me 2 6700k in the hybrid fixture, but he wasn't sure what brand they were. Really like the look of the 6700 paired with the nanobox LEDs