Top Shelf Aquatics

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

Your tanks are beautiful, Brad. Your photography skills are superb as well. Keep the updates coming. You can go a little more picture-heavy if you'd like. I don't think any of us will be upset about that. ;)

• Like 1

Your tanks are beautiful, Brad. Your photography skills are superb as well. Keep the updates coming. You can go a little more picture-heavy if you'd like. I don't think any of us will be upset about that. ;)

Thanks! Took a few quick pics this morning before leaving for work. This is truly how the tank looks on a normal day

63765086-EBD6-404B-9101-79A0866398A3_zps

194CBD1B-AE93-4D33-AA39-2C3D6EF97859_zps

0B741F6D-0DAE-49E4-87C6-CE100DCF0E23_zps

412EC24B-893F-4FDB-B157-2B2DB3916121_zps

Hard for pics with both tanks being in rooms that are in corners of the house, so much light and glare from the windows. Try again soon at night.

• Like 11

I've been struggling with what I want to do with the left side of the tank, and I think I am going to start trimming/planting and ordering a few more algae's to cover the sand bed with a mixture of green and red algae's.

I will then add a few more rock islands and have either sps, more fans, or some other type of tall growing corals coming above the macro algae bottom.

Love your tank! I actually really like the fact that the left side is open sand bed. I always envy tanks like that and set out to do the same but end up filling up the space eventually lol.

Love your tank! I actually really like the fact that the left side is open sand bed. I always envy tanks like that and set out to do the same but end up filling up the space eventually lol.

Thanks! I just feel like the tank doesn't flow at all. One side is full of mangroves and macro algaes and the other is just a rock with a few hammers and a duncan.

Do you have a current FTS?

I edit my tank pictures the same way I edit my landscape pictures (www.instagram.com/bradmbaldwin), so that is why they might have that dull 35mm film look to them, as I shoot a lot of 35 and 120 film. So I try to edit my digital pictures to have the similar style of 35mm film so my Instagram account flows nicely lol.

27677499314_4de11128d9_z.jpgmangrove tank fts 0713 by Brad Baldwin Photography, on Flickr

27677495254_a4261dc8d4_z.jpgmangrove tank-5 by Brad Baldwin Photography, on Flickr

28189534842_e8b96362c7_z.jpgmangrove tank by Brad Baldwin Photography, on Flickr

You can see the entrance to the cave. There is an mp10 wet side somewhere in there haha

27677503674_041912d389_z.jpgmangrove tank-2 by Brad Baldwin Photography, on Flickr

27677506344_76bde56d9b_z.jpgmangrove tank-6 by Brad Baldwin Photography, on Flickr

28293564535_d6c413cc44_z.jpgmangrove tank-4 by Brad Baldwin Photography, on Flickr

Once I make some more changes next week, I will take time to take pictures and make sure they're at night so I can get rid of all the glare on the glass.

• Like 7

I see what you mean now, Maybe just build that back corner up a bit more? I still just love the open space look but maybe add a few gorgs and or macros to the area with the hammers and what not?

I'm also a photographer, I don't shoot film anymore but still love the look! I started following you on instagram;)

• Like 2

I like your tank just as it is. It is so natural and the open sand is just like how it might be in nature. I personally would not add to much to that area.

• Like 2

Amazing! Your tank is very natural and calming.

I like your tank just as it is. It is so natural and the open sand is just like how it might be in nature. I personally would not add to much to that area.

Both tanks look amazing Brad. Been a while since I checked in but both tanks have really filled in well.

Thanks everyone! I will be making a few slight changes this week, but nothing too drastic.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Cough go eat at Kumas corner for legit burgers. Smoque BBQ for amazing ribs/brisket. Lou malanatis for legit Pizza.

I've yet to ever find a burger better than 5guys, and burgers are basically the only thing I eat, so I have a lot of experience haha. Blows my mind how many places can't cook a burger right.

Haven't had time to make it into downtown. Been staying in Lombard and work is in Bolingbrook.

Shoot me a pm I can recommend whatever you like. Areas to live, food, etc...There's a Kumas corner in Schaumburg that's maybe a 20 min drive from Lombard that's amazing.

• Like 1

this is one of the coolest tanks i think ive ever seen. I love that you are doing something "different" from what most reefers are trying to create!

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

this is one of the coolest tanks i think ive ever seen. I love that you are doing something "different" from what most reefers are trying to create!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Not only is it different, but about 95% maintenance free which is perfect lol. Only do 3 things on the tank:

1. Clean the glass
  2. Refill ATO
  3. Feed fish
  • Like 1

YES! I feel the same way about Five Guys - the greatest.

Don't understand why Californian's are so obsessed with in n out. I've lived here for 3 years now and I think I have eaten it twice. The fries are terrible. The burgers are okay, but not close to 5 guys. Fuddruckers is my #2, but I think they've all gone out of business within the last year.

Cajun fries at 5guys :naughtydance:

• Like 1

Don't understand why Californian's are so obsessed with in n out. I've lived here for 3 years now and I think I have eaten it twice. The fries are terrible. The burgers are okay, but not close to 5 guys. Fuddruckers is my #2, but I think they've all gone out of business within the last year.

Cajun fries at 5guys :naughtydance:

I hear yah. I've been in CA for almost 5 years now and In n Out to me is tastes like a step up from McDonald's. I think it's similar to the weird obsession with white castle on the east coast.

Cajun fries, hell yea. I'll have to check out Fuddruckers at some point