Pod Your Reef

GHA? New tank

chich0

Hey guys,

My cycle just finished and during the last week or so of it i have had this start to grow on the glass and wavemaker. Also a small ammount on one rock.

261ge3b.jpg

Using rodi water 0 tds.

Newly cycled so ammonia, nitrie is 0 nitrate is slightly up but will be doing a water change tomorrow.

Lights where on for 6 hours during cycle. Shuld i turn them off or leave them on 6 and add the CUC?

How long should i leave lights out for and it has hairs coming off it.. but its not perfect feather shape.. im thinking bryopsis or some form of hair algae..

where the hell would bryopsis come from in such a new tank?

You do not need lights during the cycle, so you can just leave them off until you are ready to add coral etc. You don't give enought details to help you much. How much live rock do you have or did you start with dry rock. How long has the setup been running and what aree your water parameters? The more detail the better that someone e=here will be able to help.

Ammonia 0ppm

nitrate 0ppm

nitrie 0ppm

I started with 7kg of live rock.

Tank has been up for about 3-4 weeks.

Just added a nassarius snail and 3 trochus. Trochus seek to be eating some of it.

well, one day later and the Trochus have munched through most of this stuff.. There is still a bit in there however, will keep an eye on it.

Archived