Top Shelf Aquatics

Par 38 led help.

gavinsepanik

gavinsepanik

HAs anyone had success using a Par 38 bulb. I a, contemplating hanging 2 20k 35 watt par 38's from coral compulsion over my 10 gallon aga nano for a sps dominated tank. Would this be overkill? The tank dimensions are 20x11x12.

Nanofreak79

You'll want two bulbs. I'm using reef LED bulbs right now. I love the color rendition. I had a par bulb from CC that went out within a year, but they did take care of it for me. I've used boost led, ledtric, eBay and now reef led, which so far I'm liking much more. Pad bulbs can grow just about anything including sps. I also did a video review that's in reef LEDs page.

You'll want two bulbs. I'm using reef LED bulbs right now. I love the color rendition. I had a par bulb from CC that went out within a year, but they did take care of it for me. I've used boost led, ledtric, eBay and now reef led, which so far I'm liking much more. Pad bulbs can grow just about anything including sps. I also did a video review that's in reef LEDs page.

Do you happen to have a link to the Reef LED site? With that name, it's tough to find them.

[Edit]

I found the following link but didn't see any PAR bulbs

http://reefll.com/

I have two ReefLEDs standard Par38's, not the full spectrum ones... and the color is OK. I don't care much for the goosenecks but for the price they are OK.

[Edited] Corrected my statement.

I have two ReefLEDs standard Par38's, not the full spectrum ones... and the color is OK. Now the goosenecks are crap and they haven't been responsive to my issues either. If I knew they were as low quality as I received, I would of handled hanging myself.

I responded to you the day you contacted us and offered a replacement for the the gooseneck in question. Please check your email.

-Jessie

Nanofreak79

I have two ReefLEDs standard Par38's, not the full spectrum ones... and the color is OK. Now the goosenecks are crap and they haven't been responsive to my issues either. If I knew they were as low quality as I received, I would of handled hanging myself.

I'm sorry, but the goosenecks I recirved were the best I've seen and used the flex tubing is strong and forms and stays in place easily. The connection from gooseneck to the tank is beefy and doesn't use those crappy nylon set screws to tighten. I know for a fact, just from dealing with Jessie, that he takes care of things timely, and cares about his products and the customer. Anyway, my goosenecks aren't crap, rather exact opposite. Hang yourself? Er ma gurd

Do you happen to have a link to the Reef LED site? With that name, it's tough to find them.

[Edit]

I found the following link but didn't see any PAR bulbs

http://reefll.com/

There a sponsor here just click on there pic in sponsor section:)

HAs anyone had success using a Par 38 bulb. I a, contemplating hanging 2 20k 35 watt par 38's from coral compulsion over my 10 gallon aga nano for a sps dominated tank. Would this be overkill? The tank dimensions are 20x11x12.

You'd be just fine going with Coral Compulsion PAR38's or ReefLEDs PAR 38's on your 10 gallon, you'll be able to grow anything with them. I had 2 LEDTRIC PAR 38's on my 20L and they grew my corals out like a weed.

Typical impatient person new to reefing who is quick to bash a sponsor.

I have a cheap eBay Par 38 bulb with 36 watts worth of LEDs. So far I've only had one red planet acro underneath it (only acro I have) and since getting it 3 weeks ago I can already see growth. There is a nice 3/4" circle around the base where it has encrusted over the glue and onto the plug itself. I'm getting good growth out of my birdsnest and montiporas as well. Unfortunately, I was cheap and the colors on this thing are pretty awful. It has a 2:1 ratio of whites to blues so the corals don't really pop much at all. Power wise, it definitely does the trick for me. I simply hung an E27 bulb socket from an eye hook and the bulb just hangs there. I really like it since i can quickly adjust the height of the bulb. In my signature there should be a link to my build thread and it should be one of the last posts that includes the pictures. I'm sure that if you get some better bulbs with a better spectrum then they will look 100 times better but when it comes to output, they do incredibly well. Especially since I paid around $25 for it.

You'd be just fine going with Coral Compulsion PAR38's or ReefLEDs PAR 38's on your 10 gallon, you'll be able to grow anything with them. I had 2 LEDTRIC PAR 38's on my 20L and they grew my corals out like a weed.

Typical impatient person new to reefing who is quick to bash a sponsor.

I am not new to reefing. I wasn't trying to bash them either... I simply made an observation. They have since contacted me but I have yet to respond since I have been traveling this week. They had sent me an e-mail prior to this one but it didn't show up, nor was it in junk or deleted items... So they did respond in a very timely manner, just got lost in the black hole.

I responded to you the day you contacted us and offered a replacement for the the gooseneck in question. Please check your email.

-Jessie

Thank you Jessie. I think I found a work around for it for now. If it works, I can make due without needing a new one.

Archived