Coral Vue Hydros

Zoa ID Please

PDR

I purchased several zoa frags this week, and can't seem to find any exact matches on the zoa id sites I've looked at.

Zoa 1:

Not the best pic, but the best I could get with my phone.

IMG_0215.jpg

Zoa 2:

These were listed as AOG but they look more like devils armor to me. I am more interested in the two with the orange tentacles.

IMG_0220.jpg

Zoa 3:

This is the worst picture as far as actual representation. Under actinics the color (from the mouth out) goes greenish yellow - dark blue or green - light green - light greenish yellow

IMG_0218.jpg

Thanks!

Not the answer your looking for but I'm pretty sure the one you think is devils armor is actually everlasting gobstoppers.

Not the answer your looking for but I'm pretty sure the one you think is devils armor is actually everlasting gobstoppers.

Thanks for pointing that out, they all look so similar to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got these in from Divers Den. They are red people eaters, but there is this single polyp that is different from everything else. Does this have a name?

IMG_0280.jpg

I bought a ton of zoa frags and came to the conclusion that..

1) Your enjoyment of the colors is more important than the name

2) There are literally thousands of dif zoas with random ass made up names

To the point of #2 - two people can have the "same" zoa but they both look slightly different. One could argue that they are actually two dif zoas altogether..

My Magician Paly doesn't look as crazy as some pictures.

My utter chaos don't have as much white in them as some pictures.

My blue hornets look similar to most pictures although one frag was sold to me as blueberry fields and I swear looked like blueberry fields in the frag tank but in my tank look identical to my other hornets.

My fire and ice def aren't as crazy as some pictures you see online.

My Rastas look great, but they are an example of a fairly standardized coral.

I think my Paly Grandis looks better than most pictures I see online.

etc

etc

etc

Heck, I got a like 10 polyp frag of random lose floating radioactive greens for $5 from a LFS and they are one of the cooler looking in my tank because that green pops so well.

They all sure as hell look awesome together under actinic lighting =)

I bought a ton of zoa frags and came to the conclusion that..

1) Your enjoyment of the colors is more important than the name

2) There are literally thousands of dif zoas with random ass made up names

To the point of #2 - two people can have the "same" zoa but they both look slightly different. One could argue that they are actually two dif zoas altogether..

My Magician Paly doesn't look as crazy as some pictures.

My utter chaos don't have as much white in them as some pictures.

My blue hornets look similar to most pictures although one frag was sold to me as blueberry fields and I swear looked like blueberry fields in the frag tank but in my tank look identical to my other hornets.

My fire and ice def aren't as crazy as some pictures you see online.

My Rastas look great, but they are an example of a fairly standardized coral.

I think my Paly Grandis looks better than most pictures I see online.

etc

etc

etc

Heck, I got a like 10 polyp frag of random lose floating radioactive greens for $5 from a LFS and they are one of the cooler looking in my tank because that green pops so well.

They all sure as hell look awesome together under actinic lighting =)

xCry0x, I appreciate your post and totally get what your saying, but I am interested in names because I plan to start growing some and selling them on craigslist/back to my lfs, and I want to be accurate in naming them and have a reference for setting price.

If your goal is to resell then I would go get some really unique stuff.

http://www.jasonfoxsignaturecorals.com/category_s/49.htm<- case in point here, a lot of things labeled as jason fox xxxxx have different names.. "Magic man" looks like magician paly. "Fast money" looks like radioactive green dragon eyes that I got ~10 polyps for $5 instead of 4 for $39...maybe there is some minor dif.

http://www.legendary-corals.com/#!legendary-collection/c1d3b

Otherwise you want the general popular names.

Rastas

Hornets

Sunny D

Fruit Loops

Utter Chaos

Fire & Ice

Those are names that people generally know.

HarryPotter

xCry0x, I appreciate your post and totally get what your saying, but I am interested in names because I plan to start growing some and selling them on craigslist/back to my lfs, and I want to be accurate in naming them and have a reference for setting price.

Red People Eaters.

Archived